Sony 1080P LCD HDTVs - comments? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony 1080P LCD HDTVs - comments?

I am thinking about buying a Sony 42" or so 1080P HDTV for general use as well as presenting my work.

Any comments on these?
Mark Goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Trustee

They cost more, but then the XBRs (I have a 40" flat LCD) with that 30% wider gamut means pure whites (not greys), and real reds (not orange). Sold me.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Major Player

I have the 46" XBR2 - beautiful images - even showing the satellite compressed HD cable feed.

You should see King Kong via HD DVD & 1 little HDMI cable - it's shocking how clear it is...

I think SD content looks pretty crappy on it though - all of these panels seem to show scrubby looking SD images. Watched some 4x3 footage we shot with the SPX800 recently - it looked good, but it really comes to life with an HD signal.

I'd buy it again...
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri

I think SD content looks pretty crappy on it though - all of these panels seem to show scrubby looking SD images. Watched some 4x3 footage we shot with the SPX800 recently - it looked good, but it really comes to life with an HD signal.

I'd buy it again...
So does crappy mean not as good as HD, or does crappy mean flat out you would never show your SD footage on it to a client?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software