Portable power for Panasonic BT-LH1700? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Portable power for Panasonic BT-LH1700?

Hey Guys,

Just wonder what people are doing for reasonably priced portable power for the Panasonc BT 1700 monitor, someone had mentioned to me once to use a battery belt or something. I have a shoot coming up in a week at a private airport and there probally wont be any place to plug into. Any suggestions for portable power?
Tony Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've got a couple lead acid batts in a pelican case that provides 12v 5ah that will run the 1700 for a very long time. I've never run it all the way however so I don't know how long.
Chris Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

What was the cost of the set up? and can you put up a picture of it
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:06 AM   #4
New Boot

I got a big IDX battery (I think its the 10s) powering the monitor. It runs the monitor for 2 hours exactly. On long days without AC Power we would use it to check exposition and colors, then shut it off for blocking the scene, then turn it on a minute before shooting. This way we got a full day done without plugging it to the wall.
Also I bought a lightweight speaker stand with a VESA mount for the monitor for $80 and an awesome case made by portabrace.
This really helped us out. I really recommend that you get some batteries for the monitor.
Julian Banos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:11 AM   #5
Regular Crew

wht's the cost of the IDX battery? are they expensive? I really need to figure this out and get something by the 9th of this month. Also what case are you using, I wonder if it will fit the monitor and the nebtek lcd bracket.
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #6

i think the IDX E10 runs approx $400.
http://idxtek.com/endura.htm
the IDX E7, $200, is a more commonly available battery due to the cost and promo packages offered with JVC cameras.
we packed up a customers bt-lh1700 in a portabrace APP-1600F case for transport. i don't think there was enough room for extra batteries.
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Regular Crew

batteries for panasonic monitor

Personally, I would use the Anton Bauer gold mount for this monitor because you can get much bigger amp hour batteries for cheaper and they are much more available for extra rental. Here's alink to a company that is an after market supplier of V-mount style batteries and plate adapters for the best price:
http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/extras.htm
You can buy their plate and then just go to a local electrical supply for a four pin XLR connector and some cable and wire that to the plate and then you can plug directly into back of monitor. There is a place on the monitor for a plate to mount directly.
Keith Gruchala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software