Coming Soon Clip to Share at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 21st, 2008, 04:21 AM   #1
Coming Soon Clip to Share
Matthew Ebenezer Matthew Ebenezer is offline January 21st, 2008, 04:21 AM

Hi there,

I've put together a short 30 second 'Coming Soon' clip for a wedding we shot this past weekend.

Let me know what you think!

WMV Version

http://ebenezerfilms.com/wedding/Rya...oming_Soon.wmv

MP4 Version

http://ebenezerfilms.com/wedding/Rya...oming_Soon.mp4

Thanks,

Matthew.

Matthew Ebenezer
Major Player
Views: 2592
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice drama feel to it. I also liked how the "coming soon" was left on the screen not giving closure, but leaving the viewer with the feeling of "more to come".

Thanks for sharing..
Vince Lucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Vince!

I showed the clip to a potential bride today and received a really good response from her.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Loved the shots .. not so much the 3 second dead space at 18s. Just felt like that was a bit long. Interesting how you kept it very short. Is this something just for fun or part of a package?
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Loved the shots .. not so much the 3 second dead space at 18s. Just felt like that was a bit long. Interesting how you kept it very short. Is this something just for fun or part of a package?
Hey Travis,

Digging through my deep dark past hey? :)

This clip is from the first wedding that Katie and I shot together back in January 2008, about 6 months before we launched Shadowplay.

I put it together just for fun. I always find that with editing it takes so long before you get a reward for your labour - i.e. seeing the finished edit come together. I hadn't shot a wedding for a couple of years at this point so I was super-keen to at least put something together.

With the gap I think I wanted to emphasise the lyric "now I am yours" and Cass saying "I think that's pretty special". Something like that anyway.

It's funny, I thought I would cringe watching this clip but I'm still pretty happy with it.

Thanks!

Matthew.
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #6
Major Player

Hi , Matthew,
I thought it's well done, one thing, imo, two shots of D&G and the beginning, take some meaning away, actually take it to the parfume, it's a bit like a product placement or product promo.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post
Hi , Matthew,
I thought it's well done, one thing, imo, two shots of D&G and the beginning, take some meaning away, actually take it to the parfume, it's a bit like a product placement or product promo.
I was kind of thinking that too. Don't get me wrong, they were great macro shots, but I expected her to talk about the bottle or to have the bottle be their names (or something like that).

But it did have a great feel to it. Less of a movie trailer feel (like what I did with mine). I tend to think of a trailer as a bit more of a sneak peak with a bit more footage, but using the audio like you did, told more of the story than just the visuals, so I think it worked well.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery