The First All 5D Wedding Video Shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #1
The First All 5D Wedding Video Shoot
Raphael Jamil Pranga Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline February 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM

This is what happens if four (Bob Nicolas, Jason Magbanua, Mayad Studios, Threelogy) of our country's best work together as one.

Enjoy guys!

The First All Canon EOS 5D Mk. II Wedding Video Shoot in the World on Vimeo

Raphael Jamil Pranga
Regular Crew
Views: 9252
Old February 27th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #2
New Boot

Guys, that’s really cool!!!
But why it’s not HD version? (((
Would be great to see real product made with Canon 5D Mk. 2
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga View Post
This is what happens if four (Bob Nicolas, Jason Magbanua, Mayad Studios, Threelogy) of our country's best work together as one.

Enjoy guys!

Ok, someone busted out a jib for some of those shots... or else you got Yao Ming to boom the cmera waaay up there.

Fantastic looking shots as always guys!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #4
Inner Circle

It sure looks great but what a shame it's not in transcoded in HD on vimeo. Eventhough the 5D can produce some fantastic looking images with the right lenzes I noticed here the same as I did with a lot of other "productions", several shots were quite overexposed, luckily the camera seems to have a very good dynamic range but exposure is one of it's most trickiest settings to get right.

I guess that's what still separates the photocamera from a real videocamera, I think the 5D is OK to shoot weddings but you need to take much more time to get all the settings right and everybody knows a wedding is hardly a controlled environment, something a 5D seems to be asking for when doing video.

Maybe that's the reason why it wasn't transcoded in HD because all those small mistakes like slightly off focus and exposure sticks out like a sore thumb. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Major Player

Great work as always. What bugs me though is why in the world would a B & G hire 3 wedding videographers of your caliber. That would have easily set them back $ 10,000 if my calculation is correct & another $ 10,000 if they hired another 3 photogs like Mango & Dino Lara.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Great work.

Although I did find it a bit odd that there were as many people documenting the wedding (photo/video) than attending the wedding from what I could tell from the wide shot.

Actually I just counted. It looked like a crew of 6 and 12 people in attendance.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga View Post

Enjoy guys!

Mike Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Major Player

Nice job guys i just have one question

How do you find the 5D MKII with setting exposure and focus on the run. Is it as quick to adjust as using a video camera with an adaptor

Any thoughts because i am in the process of buying either an adaptor or 5D MKII for my DOF shots

Great work

Rob
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Major Player

Wow, amazing wedding with amazing video. Great job!!!

Since this wedding was only shoot by 5D Mark II, I am interested to know how you overcome the audio problems with 5D Mark II.
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I too am curious-- I am guessing you didn't set up dolly track at a wedding and so many of those shots are some sort of steady cam--- still great work.

But how did you get the crane shots? Did you really bring a crane?
Liza Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #10
Regular Crew

hey guys! i'll answer you questions later when i get back from a wedding shoot.

meanwhile, here's some photos of the shoot taken by Dino Lara who photographed the event.
http://dinolarablog.com/?p=3220&cpage=1#comment-10869
-Fiel
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
It sure looks great but what a shame it's not in transcoded in HD on vimeo. Eventhough the 5D can produce some fantastic looking images with the right lenzes I noticed here the same as I did with a lot of other "productions", several shots were quite overexposed, luckily the camera seems to have a very good dynamic range but exposure is one of it's most trickiest settings to get right.

I guess that's what still separates the photocamera from a real videocamera, I think the 5D is OK to shoot weddings but you need to take much more time to get all the settings right and everybody knows a wedding is hardly a controlled environment, something a 5D seems to be asking for when doing video.

Maybe that's the reason why it wasn't transcoded in HD because all those small mistakes like slightly off focus and exposure sticks out like a sore thumb. :)
Hi Noa! Sorry but we weren't trying to hide anything by doing SD.

The explanation is simple enough, we went for SD because that would facilitate editing the Same Day Edit. If we went full 1920, we'd be showing at 11pm not 830p.

I think with enough practice, it's a viable wedding camera. Like all tools though, you have to master its limitations and strenghts.

Thanks for watching.
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
Great work as always. What bugs me though is why in the world would a B & G hire 3 wedding videographers of your caliber. That would have easily set them back $ 10,000 if my calculation is correct & another $ 10,000 if they hired another 3 photogs like Mango & Dino Lara.
Hey Noel. It's a pet project. We did it pro bono =) Only Dino was the hired gun.
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #13
Major Player

Please don't tell me you did this all on a Mac..

You're going to make me feel like the guy on the APPLE commercials. You know, the guy with the suit and glasses who's frustrated...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic View Post

You're going to make me feel like the guy on the APPLE commercials. You know, the guy with the suit and glasses who's frustrated...
Whats wrong with a MAC?
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:50 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic View Post
if jason would have done it on a Mac he would have finished in HD at 08:30, it's the 8 core that would have made the difference ;)

Why are you asking this? what real difference would it have made?
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery