The First All 5D Wedding Video Shoot - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM  
The First All 5D Wedding Video Shoot
Raphael Jamil Pranga Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline February 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM

This is what happens if four (Bob Nicolas, Jason Magbanua, Mayad Studios, Threelogy) of our country's best work together as one.

Enjoy guys!

The First All Canon EOS 5D Mk. II Wedding Video Shoot in the World on Vimeo

Raphael Jamil Pranga
Regular Crew
Views: 9303
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:13 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bec View Post
Whats wrong with a MAC?
Nothings wrong with the MAC...

After reading about all the issues of people trying to edit HD on a PC, i'm at the point of wishing that i had started out on the MAC.....

Thus the frustrated fat guy..........Minus the glasses.
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM   #17
Major Player

If you build a proper 8 core PC server you will have no problems, it's not a Mac - PC thing. The G5 Mac is a server not a desktop PC, compare apples with apples. The 5DMII codec is just plain s*** and hell to edit, I hate it. Remember the tools we use is only as effective as the operator.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung View Post
Wow, amazing wedding with amazing video. Great job!!!

Since this wedding was only shoot by 5D Mark II, I am interested to know how you overcome the audio problems with 5D Mark II.
Yep, audio was a big problem during the shoot since you can't monitor the audio feed coming in so what we did is we tested our the audio first before the ceremony by doing an actual recording using our Senns which are directly plugged into the sound system's mixer then previewed it in the 5D. I know it's risky but we also planned a backup with another setup in which the lapel was with the groom, sadly it wasn't used for the SDE.
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bec View Post
Nice job guys i just have one question

How do you find the 5D MKII with setting exposure and focus on the run. Is it as quick to adjust as using a video camera with an adaptor

Any thoughts because i am in the process of buying either an adaptor or 5D MKII for my DOF shots

Great work

Rob
Hi Rob,

We had a problem with the aperture since you can't manually control it if it's in video mode especially if you're using canon lenses (i think some use nikon lenses in which the aperture can be controlled manually via the lens.) but there are several techniques where you can overcome this, some are in vimeo. For the focusing, you might need an external monitor sometimes for critical shots but hey, we managed without one... hehehe!

Fiel
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Witz View Post
I too am curious-- I am guessing you didn't set up dolly track at a wedding and so many of those shots are some sort of steady cam--- still great work.

But how did you get the crane shots? Did you really bring a crane?
We just used our glidetracks and glidecams.
And yep, we brought a crane courtesy of Mr. Bob Nicolas.

You can check out some of the photos of our shoot at
Dino Lara Blography The First All 5D Wedding Video Shoot
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM   #21
Major Player

Great work guys!

Question #1 - Would you do it again?

Question #2 - Did you use anything extra to control the aperture? i.e. tricking the camera into shooting as wide open as possible.

Cheers,

Matthew.
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ebenezer View Post
Great work guys!

Question #1 - Would you do it again?

Question #2 - Did you use anything extra to control the aperture? i.e. tricking the camera into shooting as wide open as possible.

Cheers,

Matthew.
1. If given the chance again YES in a heartbeat!

2. We were able to acquire a nine stop filter for the 70-200. But most times we were doing the "unscrew trick" to lock the aperture wide open.

Thanks Matt!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Great work guys. This production felt like i was watching the 90's USA Olympic basket ball dream team. (Jordan, Magic, O'Neil, Barkley...)

I definitely noticed the challenge you guys faces with the audio, not the best quality but does suffice for what you were faced with.

I did notice some focusing issues through the video, mostly on the crane shots where you guys had no control over it due to its remote access. How do you set up the lens during that time, at infinity?

The other question i had was more technical, what software did you use to convert the .MOV to .AVI files? Have you ever thought of using Prospect HD 2K or 4K from Cineform? I heard that this software is actually quite good at converting HD files.

Thanks for sharing your SDE AND your info.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Fellas,

I posted something directly on your site. Fantastic effort and I can't say enough about how impressive your work always is and this colaboration is just shear icing. When people see what can be achieved with Wedding Films it will be the defacto standard and the most important investment a B&G can make for their Wedding. Very well done and Thank You!!
Gino Mancusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM   #25
Tourist

Wedding Video

Love the crane shots! Really cool.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:24 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Good Job!

Pinoy ROCKS!!!
Garry Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Wilky View Post
Great work guys. This production felt like i was watching the 90's USA Olympic basket ball dream team. (Jordan, Magic, O'Neil, Barkley...)

I definitely noticed the challenge you guys faces with the audio, not the best quality but does suffice for what you were faced with.

I did notice some focusing issues through the video, mostly on the crane shots where you guys had no control over it due to its remote access. How do you set up the lens during that time, at infinity?

The other question i had was more technical, what software did you use to convert the .MOV to .AVI files? Have you ever thought of using Prospect HD 2K or 4K from Cineform? I heard that this software is actually quite good at converting HD files.

Thanks for sharing your SDE AND your info.

Hmmm, it was Bob's first time with the 5D but i think he has most of the shots at infinity and maybe some having a slight depth of field but too bad you really can't monitor the whole shot if the camera is already up there.

We used canopus procoder. Didn't try Cineform, i think Jason has some issues with it when we asked before.

thanks for watching!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Mancusa View Post
Fellas,

I posted something directly on your site. Fantastic effort and I can't say enough about how impressive your work always is and this colaboration is just shear icing. When people see what can be achieved with Wedding Films it will be the defacto standard and the most important investment a B&G can make for their Wedding. Very well done and Thank You!!
Hi Gino!

We read the comment and we're really touched! Thank you so much! Hope we will continue to inspire you guys!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM   #29
Regular Crew

I can't believe you shot this in SD! To me that defeats the purpose of going to every extreme to shoot it!

It's like shooting home videos of your kid with an imax camera!
Matt Headley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Headley View Post
I can't believe you shot this in SD! To me that defeats the purpose of going to every extreme to shoot it!

It's like shooting home videos of your kid with an imax camera!
Hey Matt! Thanks for watching. To reiterate, we shot this in full HD.

Only the Same Day Edit was edited down to SD. It does not defeat any purpose, it actually serves it quite well.

A same day edit is shown after dinner. If shown much much later, say 11pm, even though in full HD, now THAT would defeat the purpose of the SDE.

That said, I am now editing the HD highlights of this wedding.

Cheers!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery