DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Wedding Highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/147691-wedding-highlights.html)

Oleg Kalyan April 3rd, 2009 04:48 AM

John, well done!
The style of shooting, editing fits perfectly to overall look and feel, some glow seem a bit extra for it though, also some shots from the middle towards the end seem a bit long, imho.

Thanks for showing, sharing.

Gino Mancusa April 3rd, 2009 08:16 AM

Hello John,

I to liked it a lot! One thing I noticed is that you have excellent camera control for hand held, were you using a fig rig or something similar? After you get your Steadicam, don't let go of your handheld work.

The other thing I noticed is that I can appreciate your eye not only for capturing and blending in details but noticing them in the first place, its a sign of true talent. As far as the quick pacing, if that's what you like . . . stick too it because you do it well . . . remember its one of the hardest forms to master. As far as the other comments, well we all have to listen to constructive criticism, sometimes we get so involved in our own work we may loose some objectivity, so its all good.

I know you'll like MB, but your right the presets are more for reference looks that you must tweak to suit (each clip sometimes). In my workflow I use either MB colorista or FCP's own 3 way to color correct and adjust levels first then apply MB look over top, you'll find less tweaking between clips (works for me anyway). Have fun...

Thanks for sharing.

GMan

John De Rienzo April 6th, 2009 02:13 AM

Hi Gino,

Thank you for the encouragement. It is very much appreciated and all feedback is helpful.

I always tend to go back to the edit and tinker it, etc, after advice.

Thx Again,

John De Rienzo

Tom Sherwood April 11th, 2009 02:46 PM

great video... the only thing I would add to the comments is it opens on a guy playing a song that is obviously not the song we are hearing... I would change that if you show a guy playing a guitar, I would have a guitar song at least, so that he could be playing it even if he is not. And the tempo of the song didn't match the people dancing. I would probably try to match the tempo to the dancing or visa-versa.

Stelios Christofides April 11th, 2009 03:48 PM

John
I really liked your video. Italian are crazy, just like us Greeks...I also agree that you can shorten the bride shots of her getting dressed and add some more shots of dancing. I loved the scene where the confetti goes upwards. Music is perfect.

Stelios

John De Rienzo April 13th, 2009 10:53 AM

Hi Tom & Stelios,

Not purposesfully bumping up my post, but just wanted to say thank you for your feedback, its very much appreciated, and yes, italian, and greek weddings are crazy and I love doing them.

Thx again,

John De Rienzo