Stephanie + Rocco Wedding Highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Stephanie + Rocco Wedding Highlights
Jawad Mir Jawad Mir is offline April 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM

Last month, I added a highlight video from Macy and David's Wedding that was held at Liberty Grande in Toronto.

And incidentally, I filmed another wedding at the same venue. However, so that they don't look alike, I tried to give it different look and feel.

Would love feedback

Stephanie + Rocco - Wedding Highlights on Vimeo

Thanks

Jawad Mir
Major Player
Views: 1444
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

That was really nice. What song was that... I remember it from somewhere but I'm baffled. It is stuck in my mind.
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks dude.

It's from Slumdog Millionaire:)
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Jawad,

I like what you've achieved with the overall feel of the clip. The focus pulls and colouring were nice, as was the incorporation of the speeches & vows. I'm sure the couple must love it!

There was a couple of little things let it down for me though.

The zooms during the slow frame rate dancing were a bit jarring - I'm personally not a fan of zooms anyway :|

The dissolve around 0:57 (from the miniature figurines & the couple kissing, to the building pan) didn't look right?

The invitation footage at 1:13 looked a little too 'hand held' in comparison with the rest of the clip.

I really like the frame hold at the end of her speech, but it sounds like after that it cuts to a different section of applause when you cut to the 'Liberty Grand' building.

There's also some kind of horizontal smearing around 2:09 which was a little off-putting. Not sure if it's a desired effect or a camera issue.

Hope you were after this kind of feedback - if not, please ignore..! I actually found it quite entertaining, and the above comments are based on the viewpoint of a videographers eye.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for your honest feedback. Some of the stuff was intentional and some of it was something I wish that I could have done differently. But it's a learning process.

Always trying to be better but perfect:

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barwick View Post
Hi Jawad,

I like what you've achieved with the overall feel of the clip. The focus pulls and colouring were nice, as was the incorporation of the speeches & vows. I'm sure the couple must love it!

There was a couple of little things let it down for me though.

The zooms during the slow frame rate dancing were a bit jarring - I'm personally not a fan of zooms anyway :|

The dissolve around 0:57 (from the miniature figurines & the couple kissing, to the building pan) didn't look right?

The invitation footage at 1:13 looked a little too 'hand held' in comparison with the rest of the clip.

I really like the frame hold at the end of her speech, but it sounds like after that it cuts to a different section of applause when you cut to the 'Liberty Grand' building.

There's also some kind of horizontal smearing around 2:09 which was a little off-putting. Not sure if it's a desired effect or a camera issue.

Hope you were after this kind of feedback - if not, please ignore..! I actually found it quite entertaining, and the above comments are based on the viewpoint of a videographers eye.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Matt.
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Nice work.

Tranditional Chinese sentense read from right to left. So at 0:20, the camera pan in the wrong direction :)
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #7
Major Player

Jawad...

Great work. Really enjoyed the story that you painted. Classically done!
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery