First E-Shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 10th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #1
First E-Shoot
Brad Cook Brad Cook is offline May 10th, 2009, 01:08 AM

This is my first crack at an engagement shoot while tagging along with my good friend and talented photographer Brett Jarnagin during one of his sessions.

I don't know if there is a real term for this kind of video. I've just been calling it hybrid cinematic.

Jessica and Clint Engagement Shoot on Vimeo

I had no video light for any of the night shots.

Thoughts?

Brad Cook
Regular Crew
Views: 1065
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Major Player

you have good ideas, just need to work on steadicam work and you'll be great. It was just a little bit shaky.
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Major Player

Brad...

I loved the colors throughout your video... what did you use if you dont me asking?

I thought the begining timelapse segment was a little long. Maybe some creative text or something would be enough to shift attention.

Great intergration of the photo's. They definatly saved your peice towards the end when the lighting was a little off. Great idea...

nice job...

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
you have good ideas, just need to work on steadicam work and you'll be great. It was just a little bit shaky.
Absolutely man. Agreed. That's only after a week of playing with the Glidecam here and there. Let me tell you what (in my defense), there is a reason WHY they call Chicago the windy city. Good grief. THAT was hard to overcome.

Practice practice practice.
Brad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Brad...

I loved the colors throughout your video... what did you use if you dont me asking?

I thought the begining timelapse segment was a little long. Maybe some creative text or something would be enough to shift attention.

Great intergration of the photo's. They definatly saved your peice towards the end when the lighting was a little off. Great idea...

nice job...

Steve
Thanks Steve. Bullet for colors.

Yeah, I could have added some text but I didn't for two reasons.

1- I'm not that thrilled with the text editing within Vegas and that's all I have at this point. I mean, it works.....but it's nothing outstanding.

2- I was going for an artsy feel at the beginning and I didn't want to have any text to make it cheesy looking. Give up one for the other I guess. In hindsight, I could have cut the opening instrumental part a little shorter and made the time-lapse to match.
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm sure a lot of people here won't really like the angle that I attack things by adding photos to my projects. While I don't want my work to come across like a PowerPoint presentation, I think that photos can add something to a video. I've received a good response from a lot of people (particularly brides) that like how I'm going about things and the finished product. It's different and people like it. It's a way for the client to see good video and some of the best pictures from the day in one presentation without blowing the dust off of their photo albums.
I know seeing some of my friends pictures on a huge LCD is just amazing sometimes.

It's always nice to hear what my peers are thinking as well though.

Thanks guys.

-Brad
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Brad,
Lots of folks here use the photos in the vid at times. I think it worked out quite well in yours and I've seen it work quite well in others.

keep working at it and your projects can only get better.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Sweet job on the edit. The photos really bring it up a notch, especially at the end when some of the shots were a bit dark.

I had a friend film our wedding 4 years ago, and when I edited it, I used photos from family and friends integrated with the video and it worked really well, especially when there were certain parts of the wedding that weren't filmed. It's something I need to explore more now that this year will be the beginning of filming weddings professionally.
Eric Pasarin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery