Music Video (must see) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Music Video (must see)
Ethan Cooper Ethan Cooper is offline May 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Have you guys seen this? It's an interesting take on a music video highlight of the wedding day. All that's missing is the priest singing a line during the ceremony.

Sadly it's not our work, someone at a place called Lockdown does them or so it says on Facebook where I got the link.

Wedding Music Video - Neatorama

-Ethan Cooper

Ethan Cooper
Trustee
Views: 1508
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Ethan, I saw this 1 or 2 weeks ago. It's been chosen as one of the Vimeo editor's picks. Super fun video and I enjoyed it so much!!
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Major Player

wow - just thinking about the time to script and shoot each of those cuts. Awesome!
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I've seen some wonderful and geat stuff from lots of the top folks in the industry but I have to say that THAT was by far one of the most fun and well produced pieces I have EVER seen.
Getting the bridal party and even the parents involved is something I've seen before but to get the guests and what appears to be the grandparents involved like that is brillant.
Kudos to all.
I'm still laughing at it.
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Major Player

cool stuff, but I was thinking what VonSkippy posted in the comments.

also thought about the time to plan and execute. wow
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Major Player

cool

to me i don't think you can do something like that at a wedding. That got to be a scripted Non official wedding. It reallllllllly hard to get everyone in sync to make that peice workable. If they really done it a deep bow from me to them but i still think i can not be done
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Major Player

Love it!!!!!!!!!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Inner Circle

as I recall, about 3 or 4 years ago maybe it was longer, Dave Bonner did one "going to the chapel" although it did not include the entire wedding just the bridal party so while it may seem a lot of work it CAN be done.
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #9
Major Player

Аbsolutely amazing production!!

I saw it first few weeks ago, posted in Russian forums, and some colleagues would comment
"that's not a real wedding"..."everyone actor's there"

I still think it's a real wedding, ( it could be done) , well planned ahead, having a couple of hours of spare time to shoot that clip, possibly more than one camera/ crew to shoot different people simultaneously.

But the result just unbelievable, respect and kudos to the creators for the production and originality!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post
Аbsolutely amazing production!!

I saw it first few weeks ago, posted in Russian forums, and some colleagues would comment
"that's not a real wedding"..."everyone actor's there"

I still think it's a real wedding, ( it could be done) , well planned ahead, having a couple of hours of spare time to shoot that clip, possibly more than one camera/ crew to shoot different people simultaneously.

But the result just unbelievable, respect and kudos to the creators for the production and originality!
You just need someone with a stereo playign the song over speakers so people move in time together. Then you film 3-5 different locations with an entire playthrough of the song. Then in post you pick the parts to use at specific sections of the song.

I'm sure it helps to have specific fun parts of the song (like the moving at the speed of light bits) with a specific motion for the "singer." Load of fun to watch for sure.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #11
Major Player

I think that it was probably easiest to shoot the guests singing, they just had to make an announcement that they want everyone to sing to the camera when it comes to them, then they play the song during the dancing and have 2 or 3 cameras roaming getting all the guests singing their bits throughout the song, then as Jason said they would have someone play the song from a portable speaker system during the photo session while the photographer was off taking photos of the others. The group shots would've been easy too. Just have an announcement after the ceremony that everyone was to congregate on the church steps for a group shot before heading to the reception.

It's just a matter of the shooter knowing what actions he'd like done for different parts which he could script.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Regular Crew

The wc sequence superlative funny!

Still laughing.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM   #13
Regular Crew

That's fantastic. What a great idea, and it was so well executed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery