A Love Story - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 11th, 2009, 08:48 AM  
A Love Story
Jason Magbanua Jason Magbanua is offline June 11th, 2009, 08:48 AM

http://reframecollective.com/blog/?p=255

I'd like to share with you a video we produced last May. (premiering for the first time with subtitles ;-))

This video came after the heels of Manny Pacquiao's 2nd round TKO of Ricky Hatton (with all due respect to Mr. Alex Hill and David Robin). The fight was awesome. But the documentary HBO produced - 24/7 - was even more so. I was so inspired by interviewee placement and the rhythm and pace of the edit that the Love Story I was editing just organically morphed into this final piece.

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

This was entirely shot with Canon 5Ds, including audio capture and colored with magic Bullet Looks.

Jason Magbanua
Major Player
Views: 2335
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #16
Major Player

Lol, I guess we should all give praise! dare we not....
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #17
Major Player

hi all! Thanks for tgaking the time to watch and commenting.

I'll type off a quick reply before i have to get on a plane.

Going into the shooting, i made a conscious effort to frame the interviews differently. I am very much aware of the 'looking room/rule of thirds' principle of talking heads and I've grown tired of it. I think it worked with the vid i refered to in the post - pacquiao 24/7, i did not see how it wouldn't work with weddings.

It's a flimsy excuse but i'll go for it, given John's disapproval (and I totally get it), it boils down to personal preference.

I personally think the groom's framing was great even without the looking room. It was dynamic, well composed and well lit. I'm sorry I can't say the same for the girl at the center. Wish i could have given her more thought. I was gunning for framing variety and that's that.

I totally understand rules and boundaries. It's just part of my nature to see how far I can go.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Jason,

Thx for not biting my head off, lol!

I can see exactly where you are coming from and why you did it. Your abilities or knowledge were never in question.

We all try out new things to keep our creative side flowing.

I don't think what you did was right or wrong, and I am sure your judgement was right, it just felt odd.

Cheers.
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #19
Major Player

That was refreshing ( thanks to so much water and gym shots, and a great looking people in from of the camera :)
very creative in it's own right, at times I thought there were a bit of variety of angles, going to a different degree to the eye level, of B&G and the friends.
Yet it stilulates the story, pushes it forward.

Nice work Jason, enjoy that you push the limits away!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery