A Frank Sinatra Wedding in Palm Springs, CA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #1
A Frank Sinatra Wedding in Palm Springs, CA
Kevin Shahinian Kevin Shahinian is offline June 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM

Megan & Benjamin's nostalgic spring wedding at Frank Sinatra's historic Twin Palms estate in Palm Springs, CA was filled with style and excitment.

Ben, Ari & I tried to push ourselves creatively on this shoot by incorporating a mix of jib, slider, Steadicam, and DoF setups, hopefully applied in balanced doses. I ran an XHA1 + Brevis on the Cinevate Pegasus Heavy Lifter during prep and we were all really blown away by how smooth the shots turned out. I think the added difficulty w/ all the extra gear was well worth it.

Enjoy!

Blog: MEGAN & BENJAMIN’S SINATRA ESTATE WEDDING PACIFIC PICTURES | The Official Blog | 800.677.7206 | info@pacificpictures.net

-K

Last edited by Kevin Shahinian; June 25th, 2009 at 09:25 AM..

Kevin Shahinian
Regular Crew
Views: 2264
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Great imagery! What cams? Also, I'm assuming you had the jib there, but the inside 'crane' shots were handheld with a Steadicam, right?

Really enjoyed this, Kevin. Good pacing, good shots, good color. It's not quite how I would approach a trailer, as in I felt it went a little long and revealed a bit too much, but everyone has their own style. The final shot, to me, stayed onscreen for too long after the title faded. I would have faded or cut that shot a few seconds earlier. It just felt a bit awkward to watch feet for that long.

Great stuff, though. Thanks for sharing, man!
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Major Player

loved the intro... very sinatra!!! hahaha... didn't feel the brevis that much though.. felt just like "nice" A1.

well done Kevin!

Santo
Old June 25th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for watching guys. I appreciate your comments.

Travis, we actually used one of our smaller tripod jibs on this day - since the wall facing the pool was actually one massive sliding door, we were able to bring it inside for the prep, so all those interior booming shots are indeed from a jib.

-K
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I apologize for not reading your original post more carefully at first. I noticed after I posted that you said you used a jib inside. Still, thanks for the explanation on how you managed that, because I was still having a hard time seeing how you would set up and move around a jib inside a house. d;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery