2 minute wedding highlight. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #1
2 minute wedding highlight.
Stephen J. Williams Stephen J. Williams is offline June 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM

shot it cape may.... This is my first project with MB looks. I might overdid it.

Let me know what you think.

Frank & Melissa Highlight on Vimeo

Steve

Stephen J. Williams
Major Player
Views: 1299
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm looking forward to seeing this one Steve, but am having some vimeo 'issues' at the moment. Don't think it's particular to your clip as nothing's loading at all.

Will comment as soon as they're resolved... :)
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Matt...

Looking forward to your input... Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Steve,

Finally able to have a look at this one - dodgy ISP. Very nice I thought and a great memory for the bride and groom. Great length for viewers that weren't at the wedding or don't know the couple. ie us!

The boat time lapse to open is fantastic with the gentle bumping against each other. The fast cut, high contrast shots worked really well as establishment shots too.

If you're after critiquing or input, here's just a couple of my humble thoughts at ways it could be improved.

The colouring was OK but like you said it might have been a bit over-done - is MB Looks a new toy? :) I prefer subtlety with more natural colours so that could just be a personal thing.
Likewise with what looked like some synthetic blurring in some sections seemed pushed a bit.

The choice of audio byte of the celebrants words at 1:05 were great but seemed to be clipped/distorted a little and also competing with the music track for attention. The groom's response at 1:30ish was fantastic and didn't have this problem.

Shifting light at 1:20 was really nice - could've had the start trimmed a touch.

Overall I think you've done a great job - I like the direction your work's heading and look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Major Player

my though

i think the color is just not right. I don't know if that the effect you use or your footage but it not my taste. Second do you have some kind of DIY DOF or something cause most of the clip seem to not in sharp focus or it could be you using the effect again. I assume that MB is magic bullet, magic bullet is great but in some clip you use them. If you use them for most the clip i don't think it will work well. Just MHO. you can do give me your tase at my work here This is a password protected video on Vimeo pass: vqnguyen. Thank you
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Major Player

Matt..

Thanks for not forgetting to check out my video....

Magic Bullet Looks is a new toy for me and so hard to fight off the temptation to use it.
I still cant seem to find that fine line of color grading where it looks great but still appears to be natural. I'll keep trying...
I think I have in my mind that I'm trying to pull of a music video or something... A lot of music videos have some pretty extreme color grading that always seem to fit with what's going on. To me it looks normal. But a lot of people share the same opinion as you.
Not sure why it doesn't work for wedding highlights.

Thanks for the heads up on the blur... I agree 100% that I need to take it out on some clips.

I noticed that the audio was clipping at the same point but it was after I uploaded to Vimeo.
I'll tone it down. I hate lowering the soundtrack because to me it sounds odd. But I guess there is no other way around it.

I look forward to your opinions always on future videos. Thanks again for taking the time to help me come along.

Steve

Last edited by Stephen J. Williams; June 30th, 2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Still learning to proofread before posting.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Nguyen View Post
i think the color is just not right. I don't know if that the effect you use or your footage but it not my taste. Second do you have some kind of DIY DOF or something cause most of the clip seem to not in sharp focus or it could be you using the effect again. I assume that MB is magic bullet, magic bullet is great but in some clip you use them. If you use them for most the clip i don't think it will work well. Just MHO. you can do give me your tase at my work here This is a password protected video on Vimeo pass: vqnguyen. Thank you
The color was produced in magic bullet... I thought it looked ok....
I do have a DIY DOF adapter that works great in my opinion. I only used it for two clips in the highlight though, both of them to me looked in focus. I used a swing tilt on a lot of the shots which blurs a selected area, maybe that was the problem. Which clips did you have a problem with? That way I can go back and fix them or think about losing my DOF adapter.

Keep in mind also that i'm still shooting in SD. I view other work in HD all day and then when I look at mine it looks like crap.

I've already checked out your video earlier and posted my comments on your thread. I thought it was great. Just a little long for those of us who dont know the B&G

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery