first wedding highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:16 AM   #1
first wedding highlights
Kenzie delaTorre Kenzie delaTorre is offline July 22nd, 2009, 07:16 AM

I am new to the forum and new to wedding videography.
Here are two highlight videos for your comments and critique.
Honest critique, no need to fluff unless you truly want to give it! :)

Brittany and Joseph
Brittany and Joseph - wedding highlight on Vimeo

Jennifer and Anton
Jennifer and Anton - wedding highlight on Vimeo

Thank you!

Kenzie delaTorre
New Boot
Views: 1513
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Kenzie,

I watched Brittney & Joseph and there were some good shots in there,and it was well done, but there are a couple things that I want to mention to you.

First of all, I thought the text was much too small and it shouldn't overlap eachother like it does because it looks sloppy. But that could just be my personal pref so take it as so.
I wasn't super keen on your dutch angled tilt but again that's a pref.
at around 1.15 or so there were two shots of the flowers,, one of the bride and the other of the bridesmaids. both of them felt like the head was cut off. the way to fix that is to zoom in on the flowers more, basically if your shot is showing the top of her shoulders or next then it's too much and you have to pull out to reveal her head. You can zoom in tighter and cut her off at the bust or ribs to make it less like a headless bride shot, and more like a flowers shot.
And lastly, the speech from the sister had alot of pauses and "um's" in it. since you're not showing any video from that speech you can cut up the audio to make it flow smoother. That will also help make the story have more emotion.

so those're the things that I wanted to quickly make not of to you, overall the video was pretty good but there are a few things that can be fixed (and most of then can still be done in post)
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #3
New Boot

thank you for your critique and comments David!
Kenzie delaTorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schuurman View Post
the speech from the sister had alot of pauses and "um's" in it. since you're not showing any video from that speech you can cut up the audio to make it flow smoother. That will also help make the story have more emotion.)
Also I want to add to David's comment the speech went on way too long especially when you are not showing her in the video, I think if you cut the speech shorter and put her in the video few short clips in between that will make it more appealing.
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #5
New Boot

that's a good idea michael. It would definitely be good to have the speaker appear for at least a couple small moments to help tie in to the speech. Thanks!
Kenzie delaTorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Major Player

For a first effort, It was well done. I'll nitpick with the hopes that future efforts will be even better.(from Brittany and Joe's wedding)
1. Auto gain on officiant's mic? I could hear the 'breathing' of the AGC, and it sounded like a low-quality wireless. Invest in audio almost as much as you invest in video. After all, it's 50% of the overall production. Get GOOD gear, it will outlast your camera by many years. Have a backup audio source and use it religiously. MP3 recorders are cheap enough to own a few.
2. You 'shot your load' a the beginning with the beauty shots, and could have saved a few for cutaways during the ceremony...which led to an ugly dissolve at 1:53 (try not to dissolve between similar shots unless absolutely necessary).
3. Exposure and white balance inconsistencies....you can fix them in post (sometimes) and should take the time to do so for a finely polished production.
4. Distorted toasts that ran way to long and brought the energy of the piece down. It was sliding right after the ceremony (2:34) and never recovered. Consider trimming the toast and the entire piece down. It's even tougher to listen to when the audio is low quality.

It's doubtful that the bride would mind all these things I have mentioned. Content is king...and they will probably enjoy reliving their day in this recap.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery