DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Groom only video... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/264217-groom-only-video.html)

Stephen J. Williams August 10th, 2009 09:06 PM

Groom only video...

Well not many wedding HL's only show one side... but thats my idea and hopefully I pulled it off. They both wrote beautiful promises for each other. This is his story....

Hopefully I pulled off the look I was going for. I think I might have finally found my "style"...

Let me know what you think.

From the groom on Vimeo

Steve

Matt Barwick August 11th, 2009 06:23 AM

Very nice...

Nice work Steve & very original. I can't recall having seen a piece that tells the story solely from the groom's perspective before and you did it really well. I'm interested how you'll present this to them with their finished product - I'm guessing as a DVD extra?

I actually thought the poem was canned audio before seeing footage of him recite it later on which is a credit to the high quality. The soft instrumental you used works well too - particularly with the opening few shots w/ the natural audio.

Congrats of finding your own unique 'style' and on a great piece. This one is miles (or kilometres!) ahead of your previous work.

Cheers,

Matt.

Kenzie delaTorre August 11th, 2009 08:17 AM

Very nice!
Great job on it!

I would like the critique the minister though, my goodness! He does not look like he was even listening to the poem. No smile at all. He looks like he is busy waiting and thinking about what he needs to do next rather than caring about what a loving thing and rare moment is occurring in that wedding.
oh well! :)

Stephen J. Williams August 11th, 2009 03:43 PM

Matt....

Thanks man for the awesome comments... It means a lot coming from you.
The natural audio was added in using the VO tool in Final Cut. There were so many people around him laughing and joking around that I couldn't get the sound of the pen writing or the water faucet without recording it myself.
I plan on editing her version tonight and then putting it up on their own page. Something to hold them over until I can get around to editing their DVD.
I'm also switching to royalty free music which has proven to be a challenge. I found a lot of songs that would work well if the composer didn't make some kind of dramatic change in the middle of the song. Like the one I used... Towards the end ""light distortion"" was added which sounds like S*** to me.

Kenzie... I agree. He was a very mono-toned speaker as well.

Thanks for taking the time to watch.
Steve

Don Bloom August 11th, 2009 05:54 PM

I don't watch many clips but I did watch this one and I have to say you've given me some ideas. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" a cup of ideas from this piece.
Nicely done.

Stephen J. Williams August 11th, 2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1210480)
I don't watch many clips but I did watch this one and I have to say you've given me some ideas. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" a cup of ideas from this piece.
Nicely done.

Wow... I'm blown away that you might take an idea or two from me. everyone on this board has inspired me to strive to do better every-time I pick up the camera. Please take away :-)

Steve