Groom only video... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Groom only video...
Stephen J. Williams Stephen J. Williams is offline August 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Well not many wedding HL's only show one side... but thats my idea and hopefully I pulled it off. They both wrote beautiful promises for each other. This is his story....

Hopefully I pulled off the look I was going for. I think I might have finally found my "style"...

Let me know what you think.

From the groom on Vimeo

Steve

Stephen J. Williams
Major Player
Views: 990
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice...

Nice work Steve & very original. I can't recall having seen a piece that tells the story solely from the groom's perspective before and you did it really well. I'm interested how you'll present this to them with their finished product - I'm guessing as a DVD extra?

I actually thought the poem was canned audio before seeing footage of him recite it later on which is a credit to the high quality. The soft instrumental you used works well too - particularly with the opening few shots w/ the natural audio.

Congrats of finding your own unique 'style' and on a great piece. This one is miles (or kilometres!) ahead of your previous work.

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #3
New Boot

Very nice!
Great job on it!

I would like the critique the minister though, my goodness! He does not look like he was even listening to the poem. No smile at all. He looks like he is busy waiting and thinking about what he needs to do next rather than caring about what a loving thing and rare moment is occurring in that wedding.
oh well! :)
Kenzie delaTorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Matt....

Thanks man for the awesome comments... It means a lot coming from you.
The natural audio was added in using the VO tool in Final Cut. There were so many people around him laughing and joking around that I couldn't get the sound of the pen writing or the water faucet without recording it myself.
I plan on editing her version tonight and then putting it up on their own page. Something to hold them over until I can get around to editing their DVD.
I'm also switching to royalty free music which has proven to be a challenge. I found a lot of songs that would work well if the composer didn't make some kind of dramatic change in the middle of the song. Like the one I used... Towards the end ""light distortion"" was added which sounds like S*** to me.

Kenzie... I agree. He was a very mono-toned speaker as well.

Thanks for taking the time to watch.
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I don't watch many clips but I did watch this one and I have to say you've given me some ideas. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" a cup of ideas from this piece.
Nicely done.
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
I don't watch many clips but I did watch this one and I have to say you've given me some ideas. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" a cup of ideas from this piece.
Nicely done.
Wow... I'm blown away that you might take an idea or two from me. everyone on this board has inspired me to strive to do better every-time I pick up the camera. Please take away :-)

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery