New Highlight Montage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 15th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #1
New Highlight Montage
Alexandru Cristescu Alexandru Cristescu is offline August 15th, 2009, 01:58 AM

First I would like to thank everyone on these boards for their valuable tips and for sharing their experiences. All the info on here has helped me in producing a better product. I know it's not perfect (especially the steadicam work) but the couple was thrilled so I'm happy. I would love to hear what some of the seasoned vets out their think. Oops! forgot the link! First time post jitters!
http://www.vimeo.com/6088320

Last edited by Alexandru Cristescu; August 15th, 2009 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: forgot the link

Alexandru Cristescu
Regular Crew
Views: 1172
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Major Player

That was great... I love the opening shots of flying over the flowers. Also the one with the groom looking in was beautifully done as well. Did you rein-act the first kiss and ring shots?
If you didn't mention anything about your steady cam work I probably wouldn't have noticed some of the slightly (very slight in my opinion) shaky shots. Then again I'm not a steady cam user.
I agree 100% that this board is awesome. I cant believe the progress that I've made from the first HL I posted on this board.
Good work....

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Stephen. Yes I redid the kiss and the ring shots. I've got a problem with continuity in regards to content as the bride was holding her bouquet in the second shot. It's really fast so I figured I'd just let it slide. I have to agree with you on this board being awesome. There is a wealth of info on here and the best thing is thats its free!
Alexandru Cristescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #4
New Boot

Super work - love the steadicam shots - is that the merlin?
Alan Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you Alan. Yes I used the merlin with an XHA1.
Old August 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey man that was good..love the cam movements..keep it up

Old August 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Major Player

definitely on the money.

keep it up. you've got big storytelling instinct.

I think there was not enough variations in the piece. I got tired looking at the same place and color but thats probably because of the wedding itself.

My 2minicents

Santo
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thank you everybody. I really appreciate your input. I agree with you Susanto. Looking back I do see a lack of variation. I wasn't pleased at the footage that came out during the reception( a little dark) so I figured I'd keep it short and cohesive.
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:11 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I am glad you clarified that you set up the ring and kiss shots. I almost spit up my coffee when I saw those and thought " I can't believe he actually stood in front of them!!"

You mentioned continuity problems, but it was real enough to fool me. Good job.

I am using an XHA1 with a Glidecam but have not acheived the results you have. I am considering getting the Smoothshooter vest and arm for next year. I have found that throwing tons of money at a problem usually solves it, hahahaha.
Mark Ganglfinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery