Montage feedback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Montage feedback
Vince Baker Vince Baker is offline September 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM

Hi, here is a recent montage that we did, music was a bit slow but that was the selection of the bride...

Would love some feedback on it, we are definately progressing, have a long way to go but feel the need for some feedback from your guys!

www.creative-films.net Bray Montage on Vimeo

thanks for you time

Vince Baker
Regular Crew
Views: 839
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Trustee

not a fan of how long it was all black at the opening, but once the first CU BW shot hit, it made sense. kind of. Still seemed a bit awkward.

fair number of shots were nicely framed but had wobble from being hand held. Either slow mo them a bit to hide it, or try tripod shots. Note: these weren't glaring wobbles, but just stuff I notice because I am tryign to eliminate them from MY productions as well.

Fantastic silhouette shot too.

I've got a meeting, so I'll have to watch the rest later.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Trustee

Vince,

Loved the b&w for this piece. In fact I might have stayed with it. But I got where you were going with it. Once they kissed, their life had color.

I like the song but it would be harder to edit to. As Jason says, there are a couple of slightly 'wobbly bits' but nothing too bad. I really think this piece screamed for a Glidetrack or slider of sorts, because of the particularly slow pace of the song. It would have put it over the top (IMHO).

Overall, very nice work. Possibly a tad more Dutch than I would have liked, but that's just me. I'm glad I watched it because it gave me a couple of good ideas.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments guys...

Much of our work is similar to this style, so I think you are right, steady cam or glidetrack is the next investment.

Now you say it, the more I look at the blacked intro the worse it looks.

I do need to lay off of the dutch angles a bit. I do like them but I think they are taking over somewhat. Need to switch angles a bit more often I agree.
Vince Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery