ALL 5D Same Day Edit on Sony Vegas :) with an epic turn on ;) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM   #1
ALL 5D Same Day Edit on Sony Vegas :) with an epic turn on ;)
Michael Gebben Michael Gebben is offline October 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM

Ok now I might be blowing this out of proportion but oh well I'm really pumped about this Same Day Edit, I thought it was going to be an awful day because of the really bad thunderstorms but then everything cleared and all the elements just came together perfectly. It really helps to have such amazing people surrounding you all day to :) I have a few shots in here that I'm really proud of that we pulled off (the slider shot with the lights at the beginning now I know its been done before but I don't think like this and the ring shot at the end). Enjoy!!

This was entirely shot the 5D.
Edited on Sony Vegas using NEOSCENE to convert the 5D clips. Works GREAT. Who says you have to use a MAC.
Lenses used- 70-200 f4, 16-35 f2.8, and my favorite the nikkor 50 1.4
To achieve the macro shot we used the 16-35 with the Canon Extension Tube EF12 II
Static shots we used the Bogen Monopod 561B.
Moving shots were achieved the Glidecam 2000 and the AMAZING Cinevate Pegasus Slider.

This was done entirely with two people.

Savannah & Ryan SDE on Vimeo

Michael Gebben
Regular Crew
Views: 1737
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Trustee

Michael,

I think it would have been really good without being an SDE - I'm still working on the SME (same month edits).

Very nice Glidecam work. Oh yeah - you nailed the ring shot.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

nice job..love your glidecam work
Trevor Troup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Michael,

Very nice work - I'm sure your SDE was the hit of the reception!
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Major Player

Michael Awsome work. I have 5d myself too and i'm start to hate my A1 footage because of the video noise inside the church. I'm going to find away to get me a second 5dm or maybe the 7D if it can have the same quality video.

Can you explain why do you like the nikkor 50 please.

I only use 2 lens 24-70 L 1:2.8 i think they call it 24-74 L f2.8 right?? and the stock lens that came with the camera 24-105 1:4 L IS. I have the 85 1:1.8 plan to use it with the Merlin but didn't have time to balance yet i don't want to take the risk so end up not using it.

Thank you it awsome work and damn i love the 5d after 3month waiting order it worth it.
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery