You must see this one! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 21st, 2009, 03:03 AM   #1
You must see this one!
Stelios Christofides Stelios Christofides is offline October 21st, 2009, 03:03 AM

The reason that I have asked you to see this "wedding trailer" is that I have done it in record time (for my standards). So let me have your comments please.

Stelios

Stelios Christofides
Trustee
Views: 1189
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Trustee

Nice job, I would suggest using some dissolves to soften some of the transitions and to invoque a wedding like mood. Also some of the shots (Panning the pictures on the wall, for example) were a bit fast, but then again it is a trailer.
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The slow-mo appears a bit juddery to me, and it is used quite a bit.
Jonathan Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:30 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I am not a big user of dissolves, but at certain points they are nice. Some clips were too short, IMO. About 5 or 10 dissolves at key points would be a nice touch.

I feel you should try shooting using less panning, etc. Treat your video as if shooting still photos. This is critical, IMO. Frame your shot like a photo and hold it.

Start wider so you don't have to follow action and lose the subject, such as when she gets out of the limo. That was a bad shot, for example because you lost her, tried to follow her and it just didn't work. You were too close. If you had been on tripod or monopod you could've shot wider and steadier then you would only have needed to pan left as she exited the car.

Nice highlight clip, but if you work on smoother footage and less camera movement your videos will edit SO much easier.

Use a monopod or tripod when you can.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks everyone for your constructive criticism. It is really appreciated. Jeff I agree with you about using a monopod or tripod but in a Greek wedding things move very fast especially before the church. You have to really move fast and if you have to carry a tripod with you then you will miss a lot of shots. I was trying to shoot the brides foot touching the road that's why I had to zoom there but maybe it's better to shoot wider as you said.

Stelios
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Stelios, you are correct. Forget the brides foot touching the road. That shot is for when you have two cameras or if you have crazy, mass talent as a shooter.

You might be right, about the fast moving greek wedding, but you CAN get fast with a tripod, you just have to practice. I do almost everything at every wedding on a huge tripod. You have to learn to close the legs so it doesn't take up much room.

At the least why not a monopod? I don't like them, but it would be MUCH better than nothing.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery