Flight 1807-09 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Flight 1807-09
Prashanna Jayaseelan Prashanna Jayaseelan is offline November 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Trying to see if maybe I can get some feedbacks on this clip... Thank you.

Prashanna Jayaseelan
Regular Crew
Views: 1867
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Major Player

That was great but a little bit to long. You had so many amazing shots I can see why it ended up the length it did.
Awesome video.... I love the detailed shots... Great work!

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
That was great but a little bit to long. You had so many amazing shots I can see why it ended up the length it did.
Awesome video.... I love the detailed shots... Great work!

Steve
Hey Steve, wanted to fill up the song and plus like you said I had quite a few shots that I wanted to put in. Appreciate you taking your time and commenting on it.
Old November 12th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Major Player

I do think there are a number of very good things about this clip, but I agree that the clip is too long. There are quite a few shots that either hold on too long, or don't add anything. By taking just one or two seconds off of most of these shots would do wonders. I realize that you're trying to fill the song, but I would rather do a little audio editing so that everything can be nice and tight rather than increase the length of the shots.

For example, the shot of the groom putting his jacket on at 2:11 lasts for ten seconds. That's a long time to watch him put his jacket on. The shot holds my attention for maybe three seconds, then I'm thinking "Where's the next shot?"

You then cut to a tilt down to the bride and the focus racks from her, to the trees, to her. I also noticed that you slowed down the tilt near the end, presumably so that you ended it smoothly. Why not start the shot before you slow down the tilt, and end the shot before the focus shifts? Or, you could start on the bride, pan up, and then reverse the clip in post. That way you won't have the change in speed as you slow down so that you don't miss the bride.

There are a couple of other shots I would ditch totally. Like the shot at :46. The woman int he background has a disinterested look on her face and I'm guessing would rather not have it included. Plus, you move up to the bride's face but you don't put her in focus and she is only on the screen for a split second.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh or like I'm being a jerk. There really is a lot about this clip that I admire. There are some epic feeling shots and I like what you did with the titles. Good song choice. The color looks good. Everything feels emotional put all together. I just think a few editing refinements would help things out quite a bit. Overall, I did enjoy it and I'm sure the couple loved it.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Craggs View Post
I do think there are a number of very good things about this clip, but I agree that the clip is too long. There are quite a few shots that either hold on too long, or don't add anything. By taking just one or two seconds off of most of these shots would do wonders. I realize that you're trying to fill the song, but I would rather do a little audio editing so that everything can be nice and tight rather than increase the length of the shots.
I can definitely agree that some shots were too long. Bit of trimming here and there would've done it.

Quote:
For example, the shot of the groom putting his jacket on at 2:11 lasts for ten seconds. That's a long time to watch him put his jacket on. The shot holds my attention for maybe three seconds, then I'm thinking "Where's the next shot?"
I agree especially with the exact shot with the groom putting his jacket on.

Quote:
You then cut to a tilt down to the bride and the focus racks from her, to the trees, to her. I also noticed that you slowed down the tilt near the end, presumably so that you ended it smoothly. Why not start the shot before you slow down the tilt, and end the shot before the focus shifts? Or, you could start on the bride, pan up, and then reverse the clip in post. That way you won't have the change in speed as you slow down so that you don't miss the bride.
The rack focus was almost intentional but I understand what you're saying. Good ideas.

Quote:
There are a couple of other shots I would ditch totally. Like the shot at :46. The woman int he background has a disinterested look on her face and I'm guessing would rather not have it included. Plus, you move up to the bride's face but you don't put her in focus and she is only on the screen for a split second.
hahaha - ya she looks confused. Bride being out of focus was intentional on this one but I guess me being a bit artistic didn't come out nice.

Quote:
I hope this doesn't sound harsh or like I'm being a jerk. There really is a lot about this clip that I admire. There are some epic feeling shots and I like what you did with the titles. Good song choice. The color looks good. Everything feels emotional put all together. I just think a few editing refinements would help things out quite a bit. Overall, I did enjoy it and I'm sure the couple loved it.
Your words are not harsh at all. They are helpful for my ever learning career. Thank you for the compliments on everything else. Since you did give some good criticisms, I decided to check your work online - you work with Studio67? Carpenters right? Brian knows me from Vistek.

Anyways appreciate your time.
Thank you

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery