"Shane & Stacy Trailer" | Serendipity Studios - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM  
"Shane & Stacy Trailer" | Serendipity Studios
Travis Cossel Travis Cossel is offline December 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM

The inspiration for this preview trailer came at the very end of the wedding night. We had already packed up and I had just started the engine when I noticed the clouds gliding past the brilliant full moon. It was breathtaking, and I knew I had to capture it. We spent 30 additional minutes filming to get the perfect shot.

A few days later, when I started editing the preview trailer, I knew I wanted to incorporate that shot because it was such a fitting symbolic end to the couple's wonderful day. I hope you enjoy it as much as they did.

Travis Cossel
Inner Circle
Views: 2935
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #16
Trustee

Eugene, it's automatic. If you post with a vimeo link, the forum embeds the video.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #17
Major Player

Travis good stuff - not sure either about the coloring but as was said you carried it through so my eyes kind of got tuned to it after the opening shots. A couple of shots held too long for me (:035 -:042 for one). Overall good creative shots though. Nice use of glidetrack and steadicam without overdoing it. Nice work!
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Cool clip Travis.
I only feel CC is a little overdone (but that's very subjective).
Luis Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides View Post
As always an enjoyment to watch!

Stelios
Thanks, Stelios!
Old December 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
That was great stuff, Travis. I've always liked the way you shoot. You've got a good eye (and apparently most of the toys now, too!)

I wasn't sure about starting with the moon shot, since it didn't really seem to fit with the next shot, but tying it in at the end made it work.

What was the significance of the shot that starts on the wall and reveals a car across the street? I see some kind of colour shift there, but don't understand the shot. Is it supposed to be showing us the hair salon?

Anyway, thought it was great, and I'm sure your clients did, too.

Thank you, Vito. I do have a few toys. d;-)

Starting with the moon shot was a bit of a gamble, but I just loved the idea of linking the moon with the sun in the next shot, and I figured that once the viewer reached the end it would all tie up nicely.

The significance of that shot you mentioned was that it does indeed reveal the salon. In fact, by a sheer stroke of luck it also reveals her walking up to and entering the salon.

Thanks for watching and for the comments!
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
Travis good stuff - not sure either about the coloring but as was said you carried it through so my eyes kind of got tuned to it after the opening shots. A couple of shots held too long for me (:035 -:042 for one). Overall good creative shots though. Nice use of glidetrack and steadicam without overdoing it. Nice work!
Thanks for watching, Art. Color grading is indeed a subjective thing, but thanks for your opinion. I do appreciate it. The :35-:42 shot is held for that length to give the viewer time to see the salon and see her walk into it. It also held with the timing of the music. But again, I do appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you felt like the balance of steadicam/slider worked. I'm a firm believer of using tools with a purpose and not just to use them.

Thanks again for watching and for the valuable feedback!
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rolo View Post
Cool clip Travis.
I only feel CC is a little overdone (but that's very subjective).
Thanks for the feedback, Luis. Color grading is definitely a subjective thing once you start approaching it creatively. We always seem to get a mix of people who love it and people who aren't so sure. Luckily, our clients always love it. d;-)
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #23
Major Player

That opening shot is a killer! reminded me when my wife dragged me to the New Moon movie and saw the intro shot ...similar concept..really cool .. keep it up buddy you have my vote !
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Glad you enjoyed it, Kren! Thanks for the support. My assistant thought I was crazy to drag everything back out and get that shot, lol.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery