Highlights with the wrong music? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Highlights with the wrong music?
Paul Mailath Paul Mailath is offline December 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM

I'm just finishing this up and the couple said they'd really like this song - I guess that makes it the right music, it's just that all the other songs were slow Nat King Cole type stuff so it smacks you in the face a bit.

I can see I need to replace a few of the clips, do some CC (we used a HV30 & XH-A1) and stabilise some of the shots but I'd appreciate comment on anything else I've missed.

Paul Mailath
Trustee
Views: 938
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Trustee

Paul,

That's a bit of a sticky wicket. You've got some faster paced clips that really flow with the song but you've got some slower stuff that doesn't really match up as well. We all have our styles and comfort zones and the pace of that song wouldn't be in my comfort zone unless I knew about it well in advance and could plan for it during the shoot. Even then, I think I wouldn't do so well with that pace of music.

I suppose you could add some movement to some of those clips in post with some whips zooms or pans within the frame, but it would be a lot of work, and still may not work.

This may be off the wall - but what about shooting some faster paced civilian footage of them after the fact, and then weaving it into the highlight clip as if it were shot before the wedding. Personally, I find re-shooting way easier the trying to bandaid in post. Of course that doesn't usually work with weddings.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery