BLINDFOLD - First Attempt on a Pre-Wedding Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:39 AM   #1
BLINDFOLD - First Attempt on a Pre-Wedding Video
Johannes Soetandi Johannes Soetandi is offline February 1st, 2010, 12:39 AM

Well, first attempt in making a video, really!

Honestly, I've never had any formal lesson or experience in video making. So most of these were stuff I learnt by watching the work of pro-videographers. But I really enjoy the process and hoping to be able to create more pre-wed & wed videos, improving my experience along the way.

I'm sure there are lots of room for improvement in my video. I can already spot many mistakes such as color setting in some scenes etc. So, if anyone would kindly give me any constructive feedbacks I would greatly appreciate it!

Apologies as I uses an Indonesian song for the vid. But I chose it because its got the dynamics that fits nicely into the scenes IMHO.

Cheers!

John

Last edited by Johannes Soetandi; February 1st, 2010 at 07:13 AM..

Johannes Soetandi
Major Player
Views: 1352
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It looks really good. The only thing I would change is the 180 deg rotation during the ring scene. It can be confusing to a viewer.

The classic example of this would be a car on stage driving left to right. Then returning right to left. The viewer assumes that the car has turned around.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Major Player

John...

Welcome to the board... At first when I started watching this I was expecting a video with a little bit deeper story-line. Then I got the feeling that it wasn't there so I kinda clicked through a few parts (don't be mad)... Although now that I have a little more time... I took a second look and ended up liking what you put together. Where I thought the story was kinda lacking it all tied together once I saw the proposal shot. Then I was able to see what you were going for.
I really liked your opening shot to the engagement....
The only critique from me would be that some of your shots were a little over exposed (the ones in the park).
Bravo!

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Major Player

@Jordan
I did it intentionally so that the scenes doesn't look the same with the previous ones. I was hoping the flashback scenes would take away the focus a bit so when it's rotated 180 deg the viewer won't notice too much. But I'm not sure if I've achieved my goal there..

@Stephen
thanks Stephen, no hard feeling taken! :)
Yes, I must've forgotten to turn the ND Filter all the way up during that scene. It's a lesson learnt for me to always adjust the picture before filming! Thanks for your time to watch it and comment on this :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery