Another Wedding Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Another Wedding Trailer
Brian Mercer Brian Mercer is offline February 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Had a lot of great feedback on the wedding trailer I posted earlier. Since there is two of us editing, I only thought it was fair to post one from the other editor and get some feedback on his.

Thanks again.

Here is a link to the previous thread with the first wedding trailer:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-...ck-please.html

Here is the second wedding trailer:

Brian Mercer
Regular Crew
Views: 1220
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Trustee

Brian,

I definitely preferred the style, pacing, look, and feel of the original trailer.

This trailer seems 'rushed'. By definition a trailer or 'teaser' should contain some of the very best elements of the shoot. This wedding was in a beautiful church, the first pan shot of it is not the most complimentary, with power lines dominating the shot. Looking up at the front at 00:12 should probably be the opening shot. I'm not sure what the significance is of the current opening shot (sun thru leaves) is, but it doesn't really serve the piece well, nor does the rack focus from fern to flowers.

The processional shot of the bride and father looks to be a little soft (background looks sharp though). The b&w stained glass shot has me scratching my head - at least hold the shot a little longer and fade to color (sort of 'my life was b&w until you came along and added color' metaphor).

The handheld move behind the white brick wall in b&w just doesn't work. It's why I mentioned before that you need movement (but NOT a handheld movement) using a glidecam or slider controls the speed, stability and direction of the movement.

I don't mean to be too critical of this piece. I just found that by comparison, the first was much stronger as a trailer. Personally, as I study the masters of this craft, I find it is the relentless pursuit of perfection, that separates them. And it's only by adopting that same philosophy, that we can get to that level. Obviously, the stronger the shot selection, the easier the edit.

All in all you guys are doing some very good work there. Keep it up.
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ken,

Thank you for the input. Not too critical at all. These are the things we are looking for from peers.

Thanks for taking the time to review both. Much appreciated.
Brian Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Were their two shooters?
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Steven,

Yes, two shooters. This thread http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-...ck-please.html has some more info on us and a different trailer. Any thoughts are both are welcome.

First trailer posted was edited by me and the second trailer was edited by my partner in he business, Mike.
Brian Mercer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery