2 winter weddings! (Santa + Caribbean theme!) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #1
2 winter weddings! (Santa + Caribbean theme!)
Richard Wakefield Richard Wakefield is offline February 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Hi all,

Battling with advanced multi-tasking right now, but managed to squeeze out 2 winter wedding highlights clips, to share!

(with Santa! + a few test 7D shots)

and

(with a Caribbean twist)

I'll tell you what - all the snow and ice taught me to get better shoes/trainers with grips!!!

right, back to that backlog....i enjoy it really of course ;)

Cheers
Richard

Richard Wakefield
Major Player
Views: 1127
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nice as usual Richard... It might have only been because I watched the first clip before the other, but I thought it had great flow and stunning images. I really liked what you were able to put together. I love the slider shots... You seem to have the perfect ration between Handheld, static, steadycam, and the slider....
Even-though I'm almost always a fan of your color grading... I wasn't keen on the infusion shots in the beginning of the second clip.
Still though, both were great and gives me somewhere to aim for in my own projects.
Thanks for posting Richard.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Stephen

I really do appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad uve picked up on that equal ratio of camera uses.

And I'll tell you what, I've taken on board the infusion shot comment, as a couple of others have said the same. And anamorphic lens flare from natural light at the windows doesn't make sense anyway! I'm gladly getting rid of them in the morning (uk morning!). It's good to have feedback on these things that don't quite fit in!

Thanks again
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've said to myself many times that I should start posting more critiques on here. So what better person to start with than you Rich.

Lisa & Mark - Loved the grading and text on the opening shot. In fact the first 20 seconds were spot on. I felt that the shot on 22 secs jarred with the more natural look. Nothing wrong with it, it just jarred a little. The story of the day works really well and I really enjoyed it. The music ended a bit abruptly at the end, or was that just my machine?

Shakela and Russell - Really, really didn't like the flare on this. I know you have mentioned this already, but just didn't work when I saw the clip last night. I liked the main use of the grooms audio during his speech, but I really enjoy use of audio in highlights clips anyway. Grading was a miss on this one for me. I felt some of the colours were a little flat.
Song choice. Was it yours or the couples? I thought it worked well at the beginning, but as there is no rise and fall to the piece, it felt as an accompaniment rather than a main feature.
PS. I've just had a couple in April request the same song (poss for the highlights as well), so in a few months you will have the chance to rip apart my clip ;)

Just my honest opinion. I would expect you to do the same to me.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #5
Major Player

hey Aaron

thanks for checking them out...and you wrote too soon, coz i've already deleted those flares ;)

the song does actually end like that by the way - but on some speakers you don't hear the minor delay/reverb that follows.

well i don't particularly like that Over the Rainbow song as it's been overused in so many weddings now - however, it tied in with the steeldrum ceremony song so I pushed myself to work with it ;) I like a challenge as they say!

cheers
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery