A simple surprise trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #1
A simple surprise trailer
Sarah Pendergraft Sarah Pendergraft is offline March 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM

We booked this wedding 2 weeks out through the photographer so we didn't get to know the couple until the day of the wedding. Thankfully they were very sweet and easy going. There is a backstory I really can't share (not like they'll see this, but want to respect their privacy) that made the day very emotional for them so we decided to surprise them with a trailer.

Sarah Pendergraft
Regular Crew
Views: 1092
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #2
Major Player

I always like emotional stuff like this and I like the intimate mood of the editing! You have some excellent shots there with the closing one being amazing, really! Did you shoot with DSLR or with a conventional camcorder? Because the speech scenes are a bit dark but I see no noticable grain, at least with Vimeo quality.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Dimitris! Yeah, I knew when I sat down to edit this one that it would be more sweet and simple than "wow!" We shoot with the HMC 150... it does pretty well in low light and you can boost the gain more than most other cameras I've used before you start to see too much noise, although I still have a hard time going past 6.

Oh, and I have to give my hubby Rick credit for the last shot. He got that while I was doing the glidecam towards them shot, just before I entered the frame. Funny thing was he didn't think much of it, told me "I messed around some while you were doing the glidecam stuff, don't know that it's usable." I went to transcode the footage and was like, "um, yeah, honey, I love this shot!"
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:45 AM   #4
Major Player

Well done sarah :) lots of emotions and the bride is so honest and glowing with emotions.

Santo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery