Dimitris & Dimitra Wedding Highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 12th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Dimitris & Dimitra Wedding Highlights
Dimitris Mantalias Dimitris Mantalias is offline April 12th, 2010, 01:34 AM

Another wedding highlights video. This time we found ourselves in Athens and (almost) everything was great. Nice weather, excellent couple and beautiful church, inside the Golf Club. Only minus was that during the reception, the owners decided that it would be better if they turned off ALL the lights! And I mean, all of them. If we hadn't some spot lights on the cameras, the guests wouldn't see ANYTHING! As a result, during the couple's dance, the bride's grandpa fell into the pool and almost drowned to death! :( If it was me, I would sue the reception hall owners right away. Anyway, besides that, everything else was sweet.

Dimitris Mantalias
Major Player
Views: 1264
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Dimitris...

What a great edit! The colors really added to the piece. Action packed! What's the name of the font that you were using? It kinda reminds me of rosewell but not as tight.
Thanks for sharing this one.
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This is great work!!!!

Nice shots and great edit.

What is your rig like, if you don't mind me asking?
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Hameed. Actually our rig differs depending on the job. We have a lot of gear (even a big crane on a dolly! :) ) but we rarely use all of it on a job. In this particular wedding though, we were using three FX1s (one of them with a 35mm adaptor) and a Canon HV20 (not showing in the highlights video). Also the Varizoom's Flowpod, Glidecam 4000 and a very tiny bit of Glidetrack. The last 30-40 seconds of the video (the dancing shots) were all shot with Flowpod which proves that with the right use you can create "steadicam-like" shots with this little tool.
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes... my point was the rig you used in that video. Thanks for explaining :)

I really liked and the b/w shot of the bride kissing the groom... was my favorite. I have a thing for b/w :) and the flowpod shots were great too.
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

i dont post much but i gotta say that was some amazing editing. great job! i like the little edits where you speed it up and transition to the next clip. what nle do you use?
Chris Talawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #7
Trustee

Very well done Dimitris. I always love your work and since we have the same cultural background it makes it much more enjoyable to watch and learn from a master!

Stelios
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #8
Major Player

Great work Dimitris, with some really awesome shots. I Like! :)
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Talawe View Post
i dont post much but i gotta say that was some amazing editing. great job! i like the little edits where you speed it up and transition to the next clip. what nle do you use?
We use Premiere CS3 or CS4 (depending on which computer the editing is done :) ).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery