First attempt with XH A1s, First wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #1
First attempt with XH A1s, First wedding
Hameed Aabid Hameed Aabid is offline April 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Previous to this most of my work was small gatherings, birthday and engagement parties and even that very limited and I used to take my HV30.

This is the first time I dared to do a wedding. Someone referred me to this family who needed a videographer urgently... I hesitated first but then I thought I had to start somewhere.

This is only location shots in a garden. It was overcast. I had to do some color correction in post.

I know the photage is shaky. It is handheld afterall. So please be generous with your critiques. Bring it on, I do not mind and need to improve. The password is h@m33d

Thanks

Hameed Aabid
Regular Crew
Views: 1232
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Hameed,
Great start for first wedding.

I am going to give you honest feedback which only helps you improve so don't take it personally in anyway :)

-Like you said shaky footage. Grab a monopod
-I would have liked to see more wedding ceremony and reception than just park shoot
-In my personal opinion the whole idea of posing continuously takes away the charm of the video
-May be increase the highlights a little as its a little too dark.
-Lastly, the song itself is one of my favorite shots but it doesn't really go with footage and correct me if I am wrong, even with the clients :)

Keep it up and definitely grab a monopod. If you want to do handheld shots, never move your feet but the rest of the body. It will allow you to have more control and make things look steady.

Those are my two cents. Thanks for sharing :)
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Duplicate post
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Jawad,

thanks for taking the time to see it.

It's actually not highlights of the video. I haven't finished the reception yet. Got sone more editing to do. When I finish I'd post the highlights for further suggestions.
Unfortunately, they were emphatic about using the song for park clips. I haven't seen the movie, so not sure about the story and context of the song.

I'm trying to make up my mind whether to buy the flycam 5000 or just a shoulder mount. Now you suggested a monopod. Don't have the budget for all three so still have to make up my mind. I have a tripod that I use for hv30 for broll.

Thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated.
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone who watched the video. Have to remove it for now.
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery