First wedding - Christian & Jessie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #1
First wedding - Christian & Jessie
Christian Hansen Christian Hansen is offline April 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Please provide any feedback if you can! I have worked with a friend on several other weddings, but this was the first wedding I did 100% solo. It sure would have been nice to have a second camera being operated, but oh well. I definitely didn't attempt to go for the cinematic feel that seems to be so popular now, but perhaps when I grow into new equipment. I am trying to pick up more work and know I have plenty of room for improvement so please let me know. Thanks all!

Cameras:
Canon GL2
2 x Panasonic handhelds

Note: password: christian

Christian Hansen
New Boot
Views: 1312
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Christian, thank you for sharing your video. I like how you laid out the video to tell the story of the day. Not bad if this is your First wedding.

In my honest opinion there are things you can improve on for your next shoot. Use a tripod ( some of the shots are shaky). Be mindful of your framing & headroom. As much as possible avoid zooming in. Shoot in different angles ( close-up, wide,mid) so you can play around it during the edit.

We are lucky to be in a forum of great shooters,go watch Travis Cossel, Mark Von Lanken's, Oleg, StillMotion,Susanto, Ian Lim, Jmags, etc I have learned a lot from this guys.

My 2 cents.
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the input! Yes, I need to work on getting more steady footage. I was pretty frustrated with myself when I started editing. I also need to choose better camera placement during the actual ceremony... do you guys set up in the aisle or off to the side? Thanks for the tips and I will certainly check out the people you mentioned.
Christian Hansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery