My Second Attempt at a Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #1
My Second Attempt at a Trailer
Adam Holt Adam Holt is offline May 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM

Hey guys. I'm usually just a lurker on these boards, but I'm trying to get started in this videography thing, and I want to try and do it right. With that being said, I'm hoping you all can give it a look, and pick it apart for me. Thanks!

Adam Holt
New Boot
Views: 1185
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Adam,

Wow, that was a kiss!

You did a good job. For being new at this, it's nice that not everything was an attempt at being more dramatic than the actual wedding... i.e. everything slow-mo, dissolves, etc... (something I myself was guilty of)

A few nitpicks. Not real big on the font, but that's just personal preference. At some parts your pacing is very good, but at other points it tends to drag. This was a pretty long piece for a trailer. There are simple things you could tighten up. Laying down the aisle runner... start that shot a couple of seconds later. At first I thought it was just someone walking in front of the shot. And their grand entrance at the reception... why not lay the audio of the DJ under the previous shot so you don't have to sit there on the shot of the reception hall waiting for them to enter. The vows... mix some of that in with other video instead of staying on them the whole time. Little things like that can help a piece flow better.

In general your coloring is good... no orange or blue video. I do think some shots feel a tad on the dark side, but that can be easily corrected in post.

Nice work!
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have used the word highlight, rather than trailer. :-) I do agree that the aisle runner is too long, and overlaying the DJ sooner would have definitely helped with the pacing. I've been struggling with the coloring. That's something that I've never really had a lot of experience with. The camera at the back of the church was initially set to catch the bridal party as they walked in the doors from the outside, and I didn't explain to my cameraman that the camera had to be readjusted to the interior of the church. My wife's more of a newbie at this than me, haha. I've already brightened it up considerably, but I'm struggling with it not looking funky if I push it any more. Any ideas?
Adam Holt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery