Julia & Ian Highlights - First Proper Wedding Film! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Julia & Ian Highlights - First Proper Wedding Film!
James Bishop James Bishop is offline July 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM

This is the first wedding video I've done since starting up as a wedding videographer slightly more seriously (setting up website/advertising etc- I have done two weddings previously, for friends, using very basic equipment)

For this one I used one Z1, with a good tri-pod, and one AVCHD handycam (not so good, but I couldn't afford another Z1!)

I've not shown this to the client yet so would be very appreciative of any advice on changes I could make to make it better :)

cheers, James

Last edited by James Bishop; July 10th, 2010 at 05:14 PM..

James Bishop
Regular Crew
Views: 2033
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I like the mix of color/B&W footage---good way to distract from the difference. You've captured some very lovely moments throughout. I notice you avoided chronological structure, reason for that? It works here as the narrative of the song seems to meld with the images and hold it all together.

Great first wedding film! Has the couple given you any feedback yet?

KC
Keaton Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comment Keaton, nice to be reassured that its ok! I wasn't really planning on the non chronological structure to be honest, it just kind of happened. I think I'll make my next one chronological though, see which I prefer.

Not had feedback from the couple yet- still on there honeymoon. Hopefully they'll be pleased!
James Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM   #4
New Boot

Congrats on your first wedding film James!

I know it's hard waiting for the couple to get back from their honeymoon so you can show them! I'm sure they'll love it!

One thing I would suggest, and which may be difficult to do due to the shooting conditions you were in, but much of the whites (dress shirt, wedding dress, etc) became overexposed and lost all detail, and seemed to be even 'glowing' in certain parts. Something to consider on your future wedding films!
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Very nice work for your first. The only thing that I can suggest is that the last shot I would have had color to black & white, instead of black & white to color. Other than that, great job!
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Regular Crew

cheers for the comments- after your suggestion I have changed the ending to colour to B/W and your right, it looks better!

and I know what you meant about the exposure. I actually left most settings on the camera on auto for this as I'm not yet too confident with it, but i'll be taking more care with it in the future

:)
James Bishop is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery