Kristianna + Ryan (All T2i) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 14th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #1
Kristianna + Ryan (All T2i)
Aaron Almquist Aaron Almquist is offline July 14th, 2010, 01:19 AM

Recently shot this wedding on the 4th of July. The weather was absoutly perfect for shooting outdoor stills and video. They were such a fun couple to work with and were always up for anything! This was my first wedding using a DSLR, and I really enjoyed the results. Hope you enjoy!

Shot with the Canon T2i and used the following lenses:
85mm 1.8
30mm 1.4
15mm 2.8

Aaron Almquist
Regular Crew
Views: 1438
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Aaron,

Just a couple of tips.

Watch a couple of cuts from similar shot to similar shot. For example, the shot at :32 looks an awful lot like the shot that came before it. If you take it out it goes from a wide slider shot from the tree to a close up, as opposed from wide slider shot, to a wide shot which looks the same, just from another director, to a close up.

Also, there are a couple of shots with unwanted camera movement in them. Like the cake shot at 1:34 that has some wobble at the beginning, and the movement during the father/daughter dance at 1:58.

I would recommend staying away from using too many slider shots. It felt a little bit like slider after slider after slider. Not that I haven't been guilty of doing that myself. I would also stay away from using shots where people are talking and we don't hear what they're saying.

On the bright side, the footage itself is exposed properly and looks great. I'm sure that the couple will love it.

It's certainly proof that the T2i can be used to create images just as nice as its bigger brothers.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Matthew,

Thank for you all the great advice. This was also my first wedding using a slider, so I do admit I went alittle crazy with it :) Thanks again for the advice, I'll be sure to keep it in mind while I edit and continue to shoot.

-Aaron
Aaron Almquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have to agree with Matthew about the sheer number of slider shots. I would also have to add that on a few of them it looks like you are trying to pan the T2i while sliding at the same time, and the result has produced quite a lot of judder in your slider shots. The shots did go on for a while at times, and I felt it would have flowed better if you had trimmed a bit off the beginning and at the end.

I fully understand the need to want to have your new toy used in pretty much every shot, so now it will be a case of restrained use ;)

The footage itself is very clean and composed well.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Jones View Post
I have to agree with Matthew about the sheer number of slider shots. I would also have to add that on a few of them it looks like you are trying to pan the T2i while sliding at the same time, and the result has produced quite a lot of judder in your slider shots. The shots did go on for a while at times, and I felt it would have flowed better if you had trimmed a bit off the beginning and at the end.

I fully understand the need to want to have your new toy used in pretty much every shot, so now it will be a case of restrained use ;)

The footage itself is very clean and composed well.
this pretty much says it
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery