Jasmine & John - Our first all-DSLR shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 20th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #1
Jasmine & John - Our first all-DSLR shoot
Aaron Jones Aaron Jones is offline August 20th, 2010, 05:39 AM

Sorry I haven't been on here much recently (as is normal for this time of year). Thought I should share a highlights clip from our first all-DSLR shoot shot in June - it was so much fun to shoot with these cameras.

Anyway, please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

Filmed on the 7D and 550D/t2i

Aaron Jones
Regular Crew
Views: 1446
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Major Player

wow! That was great! You kept my attention for every shot.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Fantastic mate, dayam, everyone shooting on the Canon DSLR's these days, making me want to get one.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Trustee

Well done! Boy, the images are great from that camera. It really grabs your attention.

Shots were nice, editing good. Nice piece overall, thanks for posting it.
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments guys.

Jordan, although the DSLRs have their limitations, they are great fun! I'd recommend having a play with one if you get the chance.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Major Player

how did you like the t2i?
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #7
Major Player

Well this is what i'm wondering, what are the main limitations of the camera? Sound? Versatility?

I'm shooting with a Sony V1, which i use for corporate and wedding events, and obviously it is a great camera and performs very well for the sort of work i'm doing, but naturally it doesn't lend itself well to arty-looking pieces like the DSLR Canon series. And that's something i'd really like to start experimenting with.

Is it a nuisance switching lense's throughout the wedding? When i'm shooting with my V1 i barely have a chance to put the camera down until the dinner service.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Louis - The t2i is a great camera for the price (it was the first DSLR we bought to see if it was viable for us to film with), and the image is almost the same as that of the 7D. However once you use the 7D or 5D mkii, you will miss some of the additions these cameras offer. The main ones for me are the ability to dial in the WB and having greater range in the ISO levels.

Jordan - The limitations have been discussed extensively on the DSLR sections of DVinfo (alising, moire, rolling shutter, etc.), but as with anything, if you know the limitations the you can work around them.
To be honest, I've never found it a pain to change lenses but maybe that's just me.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery