Abby and Matt Highlights Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 5th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Abby and Matt Highlights Video
Dan Choi Dan Choi is offline September 5th, 2010, 10:45 AM

Hey all I just finished up my first paid wedding. It was actually a couple that I met on Craigslist. I know that sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it worked out really well and they were great to work with.

I've done a couple for friends with a handheld camcorder, but this is the first that I did with slr's. Fwiw, this was a one man job (and a tiring one!).

Any constructive criticism is welcome!

Dan Choi
New Boot
Views: 1221
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Dan,

First, I would like to say I am both impressed with this being your first DSLR job, since you held focus well for the most part. Second I am impressed that this was a one man job. Looks really good overall. My criticism is in the outdoor vs indoor shots not matching color temperature. Indoor stuff is a bit warm, of course you may have been going for that. Other than that, I felt like a lot of shots had a slight vibration or shake to them. Were you handheld on some or monopod? Either way, I thought the picture was clear, the story was nice, and the audio was clear. Good work, keep at the DSLR's and you will have some rocking films.
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #3
New Boot

Jeff, thanks so much for your feedback!

I hadn't thought about the color temperature between indoor and outdoor. Not sure what the right way to do it is, but good to be aware of it all. I shot the footage neutral and fixed the color in post.

As far as the jitter, you're right. It's the one thing that sort of bugs me about the footage. All the shots were on a monopod. I think maybe I should invest in one of those monopods that have the 3 legs at the bottom to hold the camera steady. On the lcd, it didn't look that shaky, but obviously, as the picture gets bigger, the shakier it gets. Most shots with my 28mm are not too shaky at all, imo. The 50mm shots with the 7d crop body gives me enough shake to be annoying. I might look into seeing if there are some post processing ways to reduce shake.

Thanks for the comments again.

-Dan
Dan Choi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery