Krystle & Ian Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Krystle & Ian Highlight
Man Yip Man Yip is offline September 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for watching.
This is the longest wedding I’ve filmed, woke up at 5:30am, arrived hotel at 6:30 for prep, then Morman temple, then another ceremony at a winery, then reception… etc and finally back home at 12am. 18hrs total, the next day I have a normal 9-5. It was tough, and the paid doesn’t justify the amount of time I spent filming and editing. On the bright side, I am one wedding away to pay off all of the gears and looking forward to next year. At the same time, thank you all of the pro from DVinfo, I learned all of my techniques and gears from this forum. DVinfo is like a bible of information.

On the other hand, I have a hard time to reach to the appropriate market; most of my clients come from craigslist. I’ve met some really nice couple but nearly half of them are blood sucker cheap ass bastard, excuse my language but I appreciate any advice. Thank you again.

Man Yip
Regular Crew
Views: 1145
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Love the shot at 1:15. Great job!
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Michael!
Man Yip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Major Player

When i read your post i was expecting to see some semi-amateur footage, but everything you shot looked pretty pro to me. Great work mate and don't be scared to sell your work for the price you think it deserves, photographers/videographers are often last on the budget yet we put the most work in throughout the entire day so people will try and rip you off as much as they can. Just stand your ground and if they beat you down then stick by your guns and give them what they paid for, if you know what i mean.

By the way, since you're part-time like me, just wondering how long you generally allow for delivery? 6-8 weeks?
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Jordan!

yea, I wish I could only deliver what they paid for, but most of the time I still put extra mile to complete the video as best as I could, which means more hours of editing... But I will take your advice and and be more firm about my rates.

I have done 7 weddings so far and I always try to finish it in 2-3 weeks. If I still hadn't finish by the end of the 2nd week, I will send an email to the clients and tell them I'm almost done, that way it will put more pressure on myself from being procrastinating! But if the clients pay more, the turn around time is longer because I will pay more attention in editing.

If I put more effort to focus on editing and do my best, I can finish the editing within 1 1/2 week. 4-5 hours during weekday and 5-7 hours in the weekend. 7 days editing, 2 days clean up and 1 day rendering/ burning.

The most time consuming part in the editing process is finding the right songs that represent the bride and the groom. It's a pain in the ass because of copyright issue, unique/unpopular songs are hard to come by, and good popular songs are too risky. And I rarely listen to music... I know this highlight is using a popular song but this is the only song I could think of...

Again, thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.
Man Yip is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery