PenWeddings 2011 Demo Reel at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:35 AM   #1
PenWeddings 2011 Demo Reel
Sarah Pendergraft Sarah Pendergraft is offline January 22nd, 2011, 01:35 AM

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything here, but I wanted to share our new demo. Things didn't go exactly as I'd envisioned them (wanted more couples, planned on shooting when there would still be leaves on the trees) but I actually ended up very happy with the result.

Thanks for watching!

Sarah Pendergraft
Regular Crew
Views: 1755
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Yes! The idea with the couples talking about their weddings while keeping the "live" frames was amazing! Great shots too, loved the ones around 1:40 with the street-walking people!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

great job

Great job. Really like the testimonials.
Old January 24th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias View Post
Yes! The idea with the couples talking about their weddings while keeping the "live" frames was amazing! Great shots too, loved the ones around 1:40 with the street-walking people!
Thanks Dimitris! Whenever we do weddings downtown I love shooting out in the street. I was so happy when the one couple agreed to do their first look in the street. The bride had even said she wanted a downtown look and feel to their first look and photo session, and the way the photographer wanted to do it would have had some park trees and the side of one building in the background. I kindly said, "what if we shoot this direction instead?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Jenoff View Post
Great job. Really like the testimonials.
Thanks Marty! We had done an interview style testimonial in the past, but I know those have been done before quite a bit. I really wanted to come up with something different this time.

Last edited by Sarah Pendergraft; January 24th, 2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: typo
Sarah Pendergraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Very nicely done!
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Major Player

This is incredible and should be marketed for all videographers. Mind if I post it on my Facebook?
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Simons View Post
This is incredible and should be marketed for all videographers. Mind if I post it on my Facebook?
Thanks!! Sure, just so long as you credit us. :-) It's on our Facebook page so you could share it that way, or just do the Facebook tagging thing with @PenWeddings.

Videos Posted by PenWeddings: PenWeddings 2011 Wedding Film Demo Reel [HD] | Facebook
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Very nicely done!
Thanks so much Don!

I do have a question for everyone. I got it just how I like it and it looks great in Premiere, and on my computer, Facebook, Vimeo, etc... But when I popped the actual DVD in and watched it, the edges on the keying within the frames weren't as clean. Obviously I understand there's a difference in resolution, but for the keying and/or matting to look different between an mpg4 video file and mpg2 on DVD? Not only am I not sure what's causing it... I'm not sure how to fix it since it looks good in the editing process. I'd have to do a bunch of trial and error DVDs I guess.
Old January 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #9
Major Player

Fantastic idea! The frames sharpness and color work looks different than the ambient scene. Don't know if it would look better if it matched?
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Fiske View Post
Fantastic idea! The frames sharpness and color work looks different than the ambient scene. Don't know if it would look better if it matched?
Thanks Greg! I actually did think about that, and tried it a few different ways. I liked the kind of muted feel of the couples out in the field, it just seemed to fit better with the setting. But trying to then tone down the footage in the frames to match almost took the life out of it and I did want it to "pop" a bit. I can see though where maybe there's too drastic of a difference between the two.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery