Wedding highlight with a 'lucky' awesome ring shot! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Wedding highlight with a 'lucky' awesome ring shot!
Johannes Soetandi Johannes Soetandi is offline February 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Gday all. It's been a while since I've shared my work here.

This is one of my latest and I was completely lucky to get this ring shot, I was aiming for just a 'knock and drop', but then this happened!! Check it out :)

For those interested in what I use: 7D, 5DM2, 550D, 135mm, 100mm, 70-300mm, 24-70mm, 50mm, 28mm, 11-16mm, merlin, igus slider.

Johannes Soetandi
Major Player
Views: 2023
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Wedding highlight with a 'lucky' awesome ring shot!

hey johannes,

I'm so glad to see how much you have improved having seeing your very first video posted here until now.

The ring shot was awesome! one in a million! :) I also love the intro with the written messages

I guess one constructive feedback is to watch your exposure as there are many overexposed shots in the clip.

All the best mate

Santo
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks mate. Glad to know that I have been improving. Although having said that, I know I still have lots to learn. I think I can see where I have overexposed shots. Thanks for the input! :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Major Player

I got to say.. the ring shot was incredible. I'm always striving for some clever ring shot. I stress my self each wedding to the point of exhaustion trying to beat the ring shot from the wedding before. Luck handed you a nice gift :-)

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Stephen. I honestly have never had an ubercool ring shot before this. But now that this ring shot has set the standard pretty high, I might stress myself on following weddings trying to be more creative (or lucky)!
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Guys. I'm sorry but HOW the heck do you do these cool ring shots? I really really want to do a similar ring shot that I've been seing over and over again but I need tips. Do you use a really close up macro lens on a 5D Mark ii? Also what do you do to set up this shot? Lights, equipment, background etc. Thanks!
Victor Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #7
Major Player

Hey Victor. I used a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens to get real closeup. The camera dont have to be a 5DM2. On this particular one, I put the rings on a white window shade/curtain with a natural light coming through it. No additional lights were used.. I always prefer natural lights..

I guess the trick is to try different things and make use of whatever comes across.. I'm still learning too.. :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery