First DSLR wedding (needs helpful critique) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1
First DSLR wedding (needs helpful critique)
Jeffrey Kauffman Jeffrey Kauffman is offline May 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Hey guys. I'm posting our first wedding with DSLR and wanted to get your input, critiques, etc....I know I have a lot to improve on and that's why I love reading this forum to learn from the best. Thanks!

Jeffrey Kauffman
Regular Crew
Views: 1402
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: First DSLR wedding (needs helpful critique)

the video is missing...
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry about that I am putting it here. The link was wrong.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Can you tell us what equipment (cameras, lenses, tripods) and settings (picture style, contrast,sharpness, tone, saturation, white balance) you use? It looks like some of your lenses flare a bit.
For the outside shots you need to get a viewfinder. Most outside shots are overexposed and that's probably because you couldn't actually judge exposure through the LCD. I suggest that in cases like that use the camera's meter and not the LCD. Just point the camera at something mid tone (not white not black) and use that exposure. An LCD Viewfinder will be a better choice though (it will make focusing easier too).
Also some of the shots were a bit too shaky, stabilized lenses are expensive but well worth the money.
Otherwise you will need a monopod.

One thing you need to fix is the sound level on the first song. It turns down at 1:40 for no reason.

Overall it wasn't bad at all I'm sure the couple will love it. They do not notice those small details that we see.
For a first video on a DSLR it was good. You managed to have the shots well focused most of the times which is something that needs getting used to.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery