Destination Winnipeg - Suri + Ruben - Reception at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Destination Winnipeg - Suri + Ruben - Reception
Jawad Mir Jawad Mir is offline October 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Technical Details

Two Canon 5D, Canon 60D
35 f1.4, 50 f1.2, 85 f1.2, 135 f2.0, 70-200 f2.8
Cinevate Atlas 10
Manfrotto Monopods

The Couple

In June of 2010, we received a phone call just as we were closing office for the day. A Suri Dhaliwal from Winnipeg was calling to inquire about our Cinematography & Photography services. Normally, we request the client to call back during business hours, but on a whim, I asked Suri to call my cell 20 minutes later.

Twenty minutes later, I was out shopping with the family when Suri called back accompanied by her fiancée, Ruben Karla on speaker phone. While my wife carried on with the shopping, I wandered around aimlessly, immersed as I was in the conversation, which lasted about 30 minutes. Even though I’d never actually met the couple (not yet that is), they struck me straightaway as clientele for whom we would no doubt do something very special.

Two months later, when the couple flew down to Toronto to visit Suri’s sister, we met up with them, even though it was our busiest weekend of the year. I had 45 minutes to spare in between a ceremony and a reception taking place at the Bellevue Manor in Vaughan. Suri and Ruben drove down there, where we discussed among other things their wedding

While we were in Winnipeg for 6 days, our team provided coverage for the couple's pre wedding events including mehndi, mayyun and chunni rasm; which was later followed by their sikh ceremony and reception.

We always feel that getting to know the couple is the most important part of our service and in Ruben and Suri case it was no different. It was the fact that we spent so much time with both of them, everything translated beautifully on the screen.

Jawad Mir
Major Player
Views: 1528

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery