Love Story l 3 Days of Filming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Love Story l 3 Days of Filming
Kelly Langerak Kelly Langerak is offline May 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Here is my first Love Story film I just finished. I'd love some thoughts, opinions and advice. Their story is super cool. They met while on a 6 month hike up in the Appellation Mountains.

Kelly Langerak
Major Player
Views: 2088
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Love Story l 3 Days of Filming

Nice work, she's cute, he's a lucky guy and it's a great story.

I like it all, blending the nuptials in, the travelling shots and the music out to the end. For a wedding present you could give her some hiking boots :)

What camera, NLE and FX did you use?

Cheers.
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Allan for taking 10 minutes of your time to view!!

I shot it all on a 7D and 60D (60D is my favorite DSLR)

Edited on Final Cut Pro 9.

Intro was done in After Effects, but no other effects were used. I graded mostly with the 3-Point Color Wheel in FCP. I'm over the what now looks like the "Instagram look" everyone uses (Magic Looks)

Thanks!
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Major Player

wow - great job Kelly! I was only planning to watch for a minute or two but really got drawn into the story. Did you shoot all in one day? Really smooth camera movements. What did you use for stabilizer/slider/jib?

Art
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #5
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=
I shot it all on a 7D and 60D (60D is my favorite DSLR)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

What makes 60D your fav DSLR?
Mahesh Patel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #6
Major Player

@Mahesh60D has flip out screen :)

I'm not really a fan of these talking head love stories but this couple really captured me. Beautiful story told well, I actually sat through the whole 10 minutes that says a lot.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Major Player

I agree I can't stand the talking head either and at first I tried to talk them out of it, but then I realized it would of been near impossible to tell there story. The interview was about an hour long and I tried my very best to keep the story short but informative.

I used the Cinevate LT slider w/ 701 Manfrotto head. I'm losing interest in this slider. It's only good to me when doing straight slides. Pans are pretty easy but when tilting the slider can drag. I'll probably go back to the DP Slider again.

I flew on the Glidecam HD4000 and with the 11-16 Tokina wide lens to really capture the scenery. But I also used the 16-35mm Canon L because I have more room to zoom in on a shot I want.

Jib was the "One Minute Crane" by Senna with a DP-6 HD monitor. Expensive jib but amazing.

The 60D is my favorite mainly because of it's light weight, screen is sharper but the flip screen makes flying and sliding a whole lot easier. I'm tall so I don't have to crotch down so it saves my back after a long day of shooting. I can also get high and low angles with ease. I like ease.

Thanks guys for watching and let me know if you have any other questions.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery