DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   San Francisco, CA l Same Day Edit l Edited on FCP X l Our Best Yet!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/510030-san-francisco-ca-l-same-day-edit-l-edited-fcp-x-l-our-best-yet.html)

Kelly Langerak August 15th, 2012 02:26 PM

San Francisco, CA l Same Day Edit l Edited on FCP X l Our Best Yet!!

I had the chance to work with Mayad Studios about a year ago and from that point on I had a new way of looking at how I shoot weddings. I always admired how well there SDE's were and I tried out doing them with this one, but I don't think we are that good yet. :)

Here is our SDE that we edited on FCP X and I have to say that it's our best so far. It consisted of two shooters, no assistant and our editor.

Kevin Lewis August 15th, 2012 04:36 PM

Re: San Francisco, CA l Same Day Edit l Edited on FCP X l Our Best Yet!!

Very impressive for a same day edit. Can I assume that it was played at the reception? If so, what was the bride and grooms reaction?

Kelly Langerak August 15th, 2012 08:16 PM

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to view and comment. Very much appreciate your Love! Correct. It was played at the reception. We have the video of their reaction which I will post, but overall they loved it!

Jan Vanhoecke August 27th, 2012 09:22 AM

I don't get it quite... or am i missing something?
It is a SDE, played at the reception, but i contains snippets of the first dance? So it is edited "after" the reception? How?

Tim Bakland August 27th, 2012 09:26 PM

Great, great work.

I'm curious: what is the font on the vimeo screen-splash image for "May and Allan" if you don't mind?

Kelly Langerak August 31st, 2012 07:03 AM

Yes, it's played at the reception on the day of. When we do a SDE for a client we recommend that they do their first dance as soon as they are introduced. Once they have their first dance finished, I run the memory card to the editor and he puts in a few shots of the first dance. The reception started about 6pm, but the SDE didn't play until about 8pm. My editor begins editing when we film the prep. We are constantly handing him memory cards with the last 10-30 shots we did. We edit in FCP X so that we don't have to render or transcode and what is sweet is that when it comes time to export it's super fast cause FCP X is rendering the slow motion, filters and effects while he is editing.