My first 'big' non-wedding job at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1
My first 'big' non-wedding job
Clive McLaughlin Clive McLaughlin is offline November 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM

I'm pretty sure I knwo what you are all going to say. The audio is letting me down. I'm hoping to make a few purchases soon. Probably just a Zoom H1 and a desent lavalier mic for the time being. This was a little Philips dictaphone with its own lavalier mic. Only cost like £40.
Also, it cut out near the end of the interview, so i was stuck with the camera sound. Had to use software to remove background noise of teh stream which probably made the audio sound poorer in quality.

If you get bored, flick on to 8minutes or so for more interesting footage.

Clive McLaughlin
Major Player
Views: 1793
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: My first 'big' non-wedding job

Hi Clive,

Great work, im sure your clients were more than happy with it. The sound honestly wasn't as bad as you think, it definitely could be better though and a Zoom H1 with a decent lav mic will help out there.

My only recommendations would be to try and get more cut-away's for the interviews and try to spice up shots during the interview with the two talents, EG: shots of hands, the river running behind them, tree's blowing in the wind, reaction shots from the interviewer. Did you use 1 cam? Either way some interesting footage and beautiful Irish country!
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: My first 'big' non-wedding job

Good work. More b-roll will enhance the film. When using cutaways during interviews I do usually use more cutaways clips together. Insted of using one clip and then cut back on the speaker (Noel in this case) try using several cutawayclips.

The audio was ok. There was a bit of a room tone in the dubbed audio, if you do not have a "dead" room to record the dubbed audio try do it outside or in the same setting as the film is taking place.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery