DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A Wedding Feature going viral! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/514251-wedding-feature-going-viral.html)

Ram Purad February 11th, 2013 06:47 PM

A Wedding Feature going viral!

Hi everyone,

This wedding feature (shot in India) that we put together going viral among our circle of clients (over 5K views on vimeo in the first 6hrs so far - a first for us). I thought I would share it with you here and get your feedback. Thanks.

Its not a highlights. It's a feature (approx. 18 mins in length).

Stephen Brenner February 11th, 2013 08:31 PM

Re: A Wedding Feature going viral!

Nicely done!
Can you share some info about what went into the shoot?
Equipment, crew, days shooting, etc.

Chris Medico February 11th, 2013 08:59 PM

That was much more than a wedding video. A great looking couple and a great video.

Ram Purad February 11th, 2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Brenner (Post 1778570)
Nicely done!
Can you share some info about what went into the shoot?
Equipment, crew, days shooting, etc.

Stephen, thank you for watching and commenting.

It was just an one-man shoot (myself). Got to Mumbai couple of days before the wedding, and did some eshoot type of shoot with the couple at various places in Mumbai. Then we all travel to Shirdi (4 hrs of bus ride) And that's where they had their wedding.

Did not use any steadycam or slider. It was simply my 5D Mk3, monopod, and the tripod. Knowing the couple personally, I know I had a great story to be told so I spend all my energy focusing on that instead of getting the cinematic type of shots using those tools. Plus, this being an one-man shoot, I wanted to travel as light as possible.

James Manford February 12th, 2013 04:00 AM

You lucky, lucky, lucky man.

This is EXACTLY the opportunity Im after ...

I knew straight away this was a one man shoot ... and you definitely knew the couple to be able to shoot like that.

Well done, because its a fantastic feature!

Where you editing as you went along? or did you simply film everything first and then sit down and put it all together?

Ram Purad February 12th, 2013 11:22 AM

Thanks for your comment James...

This was edited afterwards when all the shooting is done. The couple had a reception for their family and friends in Toronto, Canada and this feature was put together to play at that reception. Definitely had a lots eyes in tears, and we got those on camera as well.

Andrew Maclaurin February 18th, 2013 04:12 PM

nice video. must have been a great experience as well as being a lot of fun. nice work if you can find it!

Noa Put February 18th, 2013 04:28 PM

Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work. Everyone thought when google+ came out a lot of facebookers would switch but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also often see peaks mainly on facebook embeds whenever I post a wedding video online.

Gary Huff February 19th, 2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1779662)
Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work.

Looks like it has stalled though, so I don't know if I'd classify it as "viral".

Ram Purad February 21st, 2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Maclaurin (Post 1779653)
nice video. must have been a great experience as well as being a lot of fun. nice work if you can find it!

Thank you Andrew. It was definitely a 'one of a kind' experience. I personally knowing the couple for a long time added even more to it.

Ram Purad February 21st, 2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1779662)
Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work. Everyone thought when google+ came out a lot of facebookers would switch but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also often see peaks mainly on facebook embeds whenever I post a wedding video online.

Thanks for watching and commenting. Yes, Facebook was a huge part in this video getting all these views. It is well known that the #1 marketing tool for our industry is the word of mouth. Social media is definitely the new platform for it.

Ram Purad February 21st, 2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Huff (Post 1779770)
Looks like it has stalled though, so I don't know if I'd classify it as "viral".

Although its not a "Gangam Style" or even a "City of Lake" to that matter, getting close to 9000 views in the first few hours it went online was a huge deal for us. 20K in little over a week is still a very decent number that we are happy with.

We've been toying with the idea of decreasing the usage of tools such as sliders, steadicam, jib, etc. in our production (only using them for the right purpose) and focusing more and more on the pure story telling. That is why the success of this video (which had zero steadicam/jib shots and only a handful slider shots) gave us the confidence to move in that direction even further.