A Wedding Feature going viral! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1
A Wedding Feature going viral!
Ram Purad Ram Purad is offline February 11th, 2013, 06:47 PM

Hi everyone,

This wedding feature (shot in India) that we put together going viral among our circle of clients (over 5K views on vimeo in the first 6hrs so far - a first for us). I thought I would share it with you here and get your feedback. Thanks.

Its not a highlights. It's a feature (approx. 18 mins in length).

Ram Purad
Regular Crew
Views: 1999
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: A Wedding Feature going viral!

Nicely done!
Can you share some info about what went into the shoot?
Equipment, crew, days shooting, etc.
Stephen Brenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

That was much more than a wedding video. A great looking couple and a great video.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brenner View Post
Nicely done!
Can you share some info about what went into the shoot?
Equipment, crew, days shooting, etc.
Stephen, thank you for watching and commenting.

It was just an one-man shoot (myself). Got to Mumbai couple of days before the wedding, and did some eshoot type of shoot with the couple at various places in Mumbai. Then we all travel to Shirdi (4 hrs of bus ride) And that's where they had their wedding.

Did not use any steadycam or slider. It was simply my 5D Mk3, monopod, and the tripod. Knowing the couple personally, I know I had a great story to be told so I spend all my energy focusing on that instead of getting the cinematic type of shots using those tools. Plus, this being an one-man shoot, I wanted to travel as light as possible.
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #5
Trustee

You lucky, lucky, lucky man.

This is EXACTLY the opportunity Im after ...

I knew straight away this was a one man shoot ... and you definitely knew the couple to be able to shoot like that.

Well done, because its a fantastic feature!

Where you editing as you went along? or did you simply film everything first and then sit down and put it all together?
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for your comment James...

This was edited afterwards when all the shooting is done. The couple had a reception for their family and friends in Toronto, Canada and this feature was put together to play at that reception. Definitely had a lots eyes in tears, and we got those on camera as well.
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Major Player

nice video. must have been a great experience as well as being a lot of fun. nice work if you can find it!
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work. Everyone thought when google+ came out a lot of facebookers would switch but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also often see peaks mainly on facebook embeds whenever I post a wedding video online.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work.
Looks like it has stalled though, so I don't know if I'd classify it as "viral".
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Maclaurin View Post
nice video. must have been a great experience as well as being a lot of fun. nice work if you can find it!
Thank you Andrew. It was definitely a 'one of a kind' experience. I personally knowing the couple for a long time added even more to it.
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Nice work, the reason why it got viral is mainly because of facebook as I could see in the stats and top url embeds, that again shows how powerfull facebook as a medium can be to share your work. Everyone thought when google+ came out a lot of facebookers would switch but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I also often see peaks mainly on facebook embeds whenever I post a wedding video online.
Thanks for watching and commenting. Yes, Facebook was a huge part in this video getting all these views. It is well known that the #1 marketing tool for our industry is the word of mouth. Social media is definitely the new platform for it.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
Looks like it has stalled though, so I don't know if I'd classify it as "viral".
Although its not a "Gangam Style" or even a "City of Lake" to that matter, getting close to 9000 views in the first few hours it went online was a huge deal for us. 20K in little over a week is still a very decent number that we are happy with.

We've been toying with the idea of decreasing the usage of tools such as sliders, steadicam, jib, etc. in our production (only using them for the right purpose) and focusing more and more on the pure story telling. That is why the success of this video (which had zero steadicam/jib shots and only a handful slider shots) gave us the confidence to move in that direction even further.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery