Wedding vs venue highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Wedding vs venue highlights
Noa Put Noa Put is offline May 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM

Whenever I put a trailer or some highlights of a wedding online it's main purpose is to attract new clients, When adding such a trailer I try to come up with "smart" titles that include words that are much looked for in google like "weddingvideo" and also some keywords in a describing text that goes with the video. The couple gets a link as well, they usually place it on their facebook page and once that happens I see the visit rate to my page skyrocketing for a few day until it dies a slow death after a week or 2. Then it's just the occasional visitor that lands on my portfoliopage via their google search.

Some time ago however I found a better way of getting more attention and at a more constant rate without it "dying" after a while. I did a wedding in a very nice looking venue, mostly targeted at a higher end client. I did the normal longer and highlight version for the couple but I had lots of footage from the venue and did a separate trailer from that wedding but with main emphasis on the venue and added it to my blog, I send the venue a link and they liked it so much they asked if they could add it to their website and facebook page.

This has led to several new bookings from clients that found me through the venues facebook page or their website. (considering the venue is one of the first things the couple arranges)

Below is another one I just finished where the venue also gets more attention, I didn't even have to create a "story", just used some live music from the church and tried to make it visually interesting enough to showcase my work. These are easier to edit then some real wedding highlights and they give me a much higher profit in return with a minimal investment in time, each time I can convince the venue to use my "free" video on their website or facebook page they handle all the social media attention for me.

Are there any others that have tried this approach and seen that they benefit more from it?

Last edited by Noa Put; May 1st, 2013 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: additional info

Noa Put
Inner Circle
Views: 1608
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Wedding vs venue highlights

Pardon my language, but...

holy sokes, a falcon! And indoor sparklers?! Can I second shoot for you?

Great work, Noa. If we had any places that looked half as nice, I'd gladly use your idea.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Not to mention a live performance of Verdi's Libiamo !!! (Even if the tenor was a bit tired by the end :)
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Are there any others that have tried this approach and seen that they benefit more from it?
Yep, I have. A friends daughter was married in the chapel at the private girls school she attended and dad asked would I video the proceedings.

They had the current 20 girl choir singing, wonderful sound in the beautiful chapel and I managed to get good recordings. So for the first DVD I used their favourite song they sang to cover the congregation leaving the church, milling around and leaving for the reception. (I also went back into the chapel
and videoed their entry in the wedding register, set it up surrounded by flowers, they'll probably never see it again)

The 2nd DVD was the reception at the Royal Sydney Yacht Club. As the couple left the reception by launch, I was able to repeat the chorus of the bridal dance sung by Frank Sinatra, to cover their cruiser departing the wharf. It's good to sync just a few shots to the music too, ties it all together
and works a treat.

Cheers.

ps great classy promo video Noa, says you get the high end bookings when they've got the money to get the best.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Thx for the nice comments, it was a pretty special wedding, it was my first time I saw a falcon flying over the rings, the indoor sparklers are pretty common here though.
The live performance was impressive as well, must say that she blew her husband away at times, never knew such a loud voice could come out of such a small person.
I just got back from a "normal" wedding, took some time getting used to a standard venue :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Thx for the nice comments, it was a pretty special wedding, it was my first time I saw a falcon flying over the rings, the indoor sparklers are pretty common here though.
The live performance was impressive as well, must say that she blew her husband away at times, never knew such a loud voice could come out of such a small person.
I just got back from a "normal" wedding, took some time getting used to a standard venue :)
LOL

Stunning video as usual ! the falcon was a bit of a suprise, amazing touch.
James Manford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery