posting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #1
first posted video
Godfrey Rose Godfrey Rose is offline August 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM

first video

Last edited by Godfrey Rose; August 14th, 2013 at 10:41 AM..

Godfrey Rose
New Boot
Views: 1658
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: posting

Just paste the link
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3
New Boot

Wedding video 1st posting

A complete newbie trying to learn something I enjoy doing for the church and make it something I can put my own mark on with weddings. I have learned almost all of it from you here with the amazing video's you all produce here. I hope I have at least gotten the basic steps down. thanks for looking. I am a 2x retiree and I do slideshows as a gig. got to keep the mind at work. video is a very interesting world and learning camera's well lets just say it is not an easy task, so my hats off to you guys for such amazing video. this was not a paying gig I simply need the experience and to build a portfolio.

Godfrey Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: posting

I think that a lot of the shots were well composed. From the shots at the end, I'm pretty sure you have a tripod. I think it would help to use it for the earlier prep as well. If there is not room, a monopod would help, or even using the tripod as a monopod if you don't want to buy additional gear until you start making some money. From some of the pan shots, it appears the tripod was either tightened (locked down) too much, or it was not a very smooth tripod. The shot would shake as it went across. If you like the side to side movement, consider getting a tripod with a fluid head. These vary greatly in price and you get what you pay for with this item, but there is a $150 one by Magnus (VT4000) that would be a good starter. It pans and tilts really smooth for the money. My suggestion as far as style goes, and this is just my opinion, I would not use the zoom function of your camera while recording if you can help it. If you want to start wide and then get close, edit the zooming part out during post. The zoom is unnatural to the human eye (we can't zoom with our eyes), so it just feels a little weird watching something zooming. Let me say that I have not been in the wedding videography business long at all, so take this into consideration. I'm just trying to help as a lot of people on here have done for me. Good luck to you.
Byron Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery