My first few. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 4th, 2013, 02:09 AM  
My first few.
Will Warr Will Warr is offline September 4th, 2013, 02:09 AM

This summer, I've shot a number of wedding videos, a couple of which I'm dead happy with, and others, not so... I tend to offer the client different prices depending how many sections of the day they're after, dividing the day up into Preparation, Church, Reception and Party. Here are a couple of my favourites... Would be great to hear what people think. Since joining this forum, seems like people aren't keen on slider shots, which I have used a lot of.

Rip 'em apart, but remember, I'm very new to this.

Will Warr
Tourist
Views: 3446
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: My first few.

Another irrelevant dig at short form! lol. You guys are the worst!

Heres a fact. I made a short form of my own wedding video. I've been married three years.

I felt like remembering my wedding day the other week.

Did I want to watch a two hour dvd?

No

Did I want to watch a five minute highlights to refresh my memory?

Yes.

That happened. In Real Life.

Look if you can't be bothered doing it, thats fine, but stop pretending its not useful or enjoyable.
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #17
Major Player

Clive its called full disclosure ..... its important that the poster has this basic information with which to judge the relevance of my reply.

There are so many videographer sites in existence that bang on about how they don't inflict supposedly boring documentary videos on clients, then proceed to show mind-numbingly awful wannabee cinematographer clips in a style trying to emulate MTV videos or car adverts.

I suspect that the OP has been seduced by this and in the process didn't even realise the huge gap in the coverage in his sample clips n.b. the ceremony!

I'm glad us stills shooters went through this phase and out the other side years ago.

So you watched your own. You're the exception that proves the rule :- ) Quite unusual that a bloke would watch it more than once anyway whatever the style :- )

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I am certainly not against short form video, (despite being accused of it a few times) If that is your thing and your clients want it. Personally I don't normally offer it, although I can certainly see the value in addition to doc style and may well be including it as an optional extra :-)

I think Pete made the point that he is also not a fan of short form 'on it's own', although I am in agreement with much of what he said about some pseudo cinematic styles in many cases. Coming back to the OP, I do think that as he is new to wedding video, apart from the technical aspects that he has acknowledged that he appreciates help on, it is also of value to hear different opinions from those experienced in alternative styles, whatever they are.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery