Contrasting Love - C&C welcomed! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Contrasting Love - C&C welcomed!
Donald Ong Donald Ong is offline November 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM

Hey guys,

I'm quite new to the wedding business (have done mostly corporates and stage events) and would like some critique.

Video consists of the initial love story and Chinese actual day (morning prep, gate crash and reception)
I wanted to highlight the contrast between the two.

*It is a very chinese couple and there are some dialogues in Chinese and Hokkian, but apart from those, it is primarily in English. Minion laughter was requested by couple...I didn't really like the laugh too.

Donald Ong
Regular Crew
Views: 1787
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Contrasting Love - C&C welcomed!

Good job. The vignettes around the bride & groom early on when they were speaking were a little bit strong imho. Also, was there any dancing at the reception? Didn't see any of the guests, I tend to prefer putting that in but everyone has their own taste. Very well done though.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I enjoyed watching it, the couple is cute and genuine even if sometimes too aware of the camera. Quality of the images seemed fine and I liked to hear all the chattering. The music track is ok, but what i liked about it is that it loops without much ups and downs maintaining the atmosphere throughout. You already know how to shoot, and you may change your style as time goes by, I wish you success. And finally, I am a bit partial because I love Singapore! Beautiful place, wonderful food, great people and amazing culture, you are lucky to live there.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks guys! I agree the vignette's quite strong but i wanted it to isolate the groom from the really busy background a bit better.

There wasn't dancing in the typical sense (couple first dance followed by guests)...only 3 stage performances for fun. (even then, they aren't really dances, more of fooling around) :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery