Last wedding of the year at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Last wedding of the year
Noah Ruderman Noah Ruderman is offline December 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM

Thanks to everyone for your help this year...On to 2014!

Noah Ruderman
Regular Crew
Views: 2173
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Last wedding of the year

great job! great job as well on the story telling.
Chris Talawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris! Appreciate it.
Noah Ruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Nice colors and what a location! This is one of the times I would prefer a very wide dof to see the sea in the background instead of it being a blur during the vows, but that's just my personal taste :)

My last one for this year is this Saturday and it's going to be one I"ll remember, I have to start shooting at 6 in the morning and it ends at 1 at night, add a total of 4 hours driving to that to get there and back home and I"m 24 hours on my feet that day...
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Noa! I see what you're saying about the vows. It was a beautiful location but it was also a very early in the day wedding (2:00 p.m.) in bright sunlight so that was a tough challenge.

Wow, sounds like you got a tough one ahead. I did one this year that was similar (arrived at 6AM, left at 11PM) except I didn't have all that travel time! Good luck!
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Really lovely work Noah, I bet your clients were over the moon with their video.
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks Tim...They were!
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Major Player

really great work. do you give them a full edit as well?
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Maclaurin View Post
really great work. do you give them a full edit as well?
Thanks.

Yes, definitely. Along with the highlight film, they get an edited feature which includes the full ceremony, speeches, dances, extended montages etc. They usually average about 40 minutes or so.

Thanks for watching.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Love your work!

Just curious, but how is a full edit just 40 minutes? You said it includes the full ceremony, but a ceremony can last from 15 minutes to an hour for a full Catholic mass. In my last wedding, the FOB did his toast for 27 minutes, and everyone's toasts was a combined 55 minutes. (And they were boring as hell, too. The FOB managed to compare his daughter's life to Charles Lindbergh, and it made absolutely no sense at all.)

I can rarely get these under 90 minutes, so curious what your secret is.
Ron McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Well, there's no real secret...I just haven't shot any really long ceremonies yet. All of my ceremonies have been 10-20 minutes total including the processional. I also haven't done a Catholic church wedding yet. Working in Southern California, most of my weddings are outdoors and short.

I did have one wedding with two ceremonies (christian & persian) but even that was only about 25 minutes total. Same thing for the speeches, where most have been around 10 minutes once I edit them. My longest feature so far has been an hour.

I'm sure I will shoot longer ceremonies & speeches in the future which would then make the feature longer but for now I've been fortunate to have shorter ones. My goal is to make the feature as tightly edited as possible so it's not boring. Of course, there's not much you can do when someone is giving a toast like that one you experienced…that sounds awful!

Thanks for watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron McKinney View Post
Love your work!

Just curious, but how is a full edit just 40 minutes? You said it includes the full ceremony, but a ceremony can last from 15 minutes to an hour for a full Catholic mass. In my last wedding, the FOB did his toast for 27 minutes, and everyone's toasts was a combined 55 minutes. (And they were boring as hell, too. The FOB managed to compare his daughter's life to Charles Lindbergh, and it made absolutely no sense at all.)

I can rarely get these under 90 minutes, so curious what your secret is.
Noah Ruderman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery