Another guy looking for a critique... :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Another guy looking for a critique... :)
Byron Jones Byron Jones is offline January 31st, 2014, 10:27 PM

Here is one of my recent wedding highlight films. Please let me know how to improve. I am always trying to do better.

https://vimeo.com/85292398

Byron Jones
Regular Crew
Views: 1926
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Another guy looking for a critique... :)

Don't think it embedded for some reason last time...

Travis & Allie Wedding Highlights
Byron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, on my screen it still does not appear to be embedding the video, but hopefully the link works...
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Byron -

Just take out the "s" of "https" so that it's "http" and that should make the embed work.
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:51 PM   #5
Major Player

Of course, when Vimeo is down (like right now), it's not going to work anyway! :(
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:05 AM   #6
Major Player

Good work. Nice use of steadicam & sliders. What cameras did you shoot with, some scenes don't seem to intersplice too well, almost like two different settings. The dance floor footage seemed a bit yellowish hue. Nice shot at 8:40, how did you do that? A jib?
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #7
Regular Crew

David, thanks for the comments. I shot with three cameras that are not playing nice. I have since been trying to get settings before hand setup to make post easier. This was shot with a VG30, XA20, and a 6D. Well, there was actually a little bit of GoPro and RX100 in there, too. I think I now (sadly after this wedding) have a better handle on matching up the XA20 and the 6D. I still haven't been as successful matching the VG30. I now have it for sale in the forum "market place". I will probably pickup another XA20. I think color correction/grading is my weakest area anyway, so having two of the same cameras will help some there. The shot by the barn at 8:40 was actually a trick I picked up in the wedding area here on this forum. I would love to give credit, but I have actually forgotten who posted it originally. Just know this was not my original idea, though I have practiced it quite a bit to pull it off while people are watching and waiting. I don't recommend trying it out for the first time at a wedding! Attach a GoPro with it set to full wide angle and put it on top of a monopod. Take several shots, as it isn't the easiest to aim and get the motion right, but if you record with the GoPro at one of the higher resolutions, you can crop down to 1080 (this particular shot) or even 720 if you need to "fix" it as needed in post.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Tim. I'll try it…

Byron Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery